1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all self employed business owners who supply their own healthcare

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eggfooyoung, Nov 15, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'll take just being an asshole.

You'll never see things "my way" because you're married to dungeon-esque sociopolitical beliefs that I vehemently oppose.

So you keep on with the a chicken in every pot thing and I'll spend my money on steak.

cav115 likes this.
  2. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

That may not be as true as you think, but if you need a convenient foil, I guess I'm it today. I still haven't heard a way that I'm not on the hook for those of you who decide not to get health insurance. Sounds like we agree that we shouldn't have to pay for the irresponsible decisions of others. In this case I'm subsidizing motorcycle roadracing for people who'd rather spend money on racing than insurance. I don't like it, but again, it is what it is. Enjoy your steak, and I guess when you get pancreatic cancer or something I'll get to buy your chicken as well. That sucks.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And you keep pretending if you drop on the street with a massive stroke that society will honor your wishes of self-sufficiency. Maybe put a wristband on to declare it -- that should help.

zrx12man likes this.
  4. pickled egg

I'll buy my own chicken. Or starve.

cav115 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

Maybe society should mind its own business.

Maybe you can get implanted with an RFID chip that lets the first responders know you're a card carrying member of the utopian dream and to spare no expense in extending your time respirating.

6. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Maybe it already works that way for everyone, including you. No chip required!

7. pickled egg

I'll take the dirt nap over bankruptcy, thanks.

8. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I bet this guy's a fuckin hoot as a neighbor. Cheese and crackers.

9. pickled egg

I'm the best neighbor.

I don't tell my neighbors to paint my house. :moon:

kangasj likes this.
  10. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I helped my neighbors hang Christmas lights on their roof last year (because they asked me to) and we take turns having people over for dinner and such all the time. Is that the same thing? From your comments on here, you sound like the kind of neighbor who pulls a gun on a kid looking for his ball he kicked over your fence. I hope I'm wrong but even if I'm not there's always room in our neighborhood for you. Come on over, I'll BBQ some steaks and the missus is making cocktails.

11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I like neighbors who mind their own business unless theres an emergency that im not aware of:blart:

dickie doo likes this.
  12. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

No you won't, when it comes down to the thing. And when you're incapacitated those around you will help you, because they have human decency. At our collective expense now, because you decided to be an asshole and not carry fucking health insurance. You're welcome.

13. pickled egg

Funny. I've paid all my health care out of pocket without your "collective expense" contributions so far.

So you're welcome. Asshole.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You're confusing offering help with being forced to help.
    It's such a huge difference that it's hard to believe you can't see it.

15. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

There ya go.

"Your collective expense"? Just because I'm not going along with your little internet hive mind groupthink deal here doesn't mean the concept of health insurance is something I dreamed up. And yes, you will eventually become a burden to the rest of us when your health issues run through your savings. Everyone gets sick and dies, and you're not nearly the rugged self-sufficient cowboy you're trying so hard to portray on the internet. I see freeloaders, and it's you.

16. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

No I'm not. I see my neighbors needing help with something I didn't want to do, and doing it anyway. Because we're neighbors. And I'm not an asshole to my neighbors. Do you blow through stop signs because you hate being told what to do so much?

17. pickled egg

You see what? From the vantage point of where you keep your head, I find that hard to believe.

18. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised that some of those tech dinos offer hella amazing insurance. If it's a 3 letter company that has a B in the middle, you'll be shocked to learn that they have some legit options.

19. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

OH SNAP! Good one!

20. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

The local boatyard I worked at this year actually had super good and cheap insurance too. Vision and dental too, first time I've had that in like 15 years.