1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CafeRace where have you been

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Oct 18, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Last time he posted on FB was 14September about the storm.
    On 13Sep he posted about being bitten by a Dog in Cabo.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I for one will withhold judgement until Jim explains himself. Which he may never do. His perogative.

Jim and I were friends. I hope he's ok.

terminus est likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

First time, it was just about a buddy going through a tough time needing a place to spent a couple of nights.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A slight exaggeration... In part inspired by you- I stopped drinking on dec. 29. I gave it 2 weeks...didn't really feel any better and was just plain bored. Going to try and avoid going back to drinking every day though- I know that's not sustainable. And I'm not that close to living on the street- I'm paycheck to paycheck with more debt than I'd like, but if I lost my job tomorrow (always a real possibility in Telecom) my retirement savings could hold me for a while.

I had no idea Jim's situation was really that bad, I hope he's ok.

terminus est likes this.
  5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ok gotcha. Maintain as best you can.

terminus est likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, at least give me the shakes, night sweats, or something else physical. You're gonna go back to drinking because you're bored? Fuck, I don't know you but come on, man. I'm sure we can find you something to do.

terminus est, TurboBlew and Ducti89 like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, find something you've always wanted to try and give that a whirl. I'm not talking smoking crack but some stupid hobby that is cheap and wastes time and is fun. Try learning to fly fish. Try learning to row a single scull. Shit, fight midgets in an underground fight club.

Lots of cool shit to do instead of kissing the bottle.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Buy an iRacing setup and race assjuice and the others. that will keep you occupied.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  9. Tristan

It's been averaging 10 degrees here for a few weeks...a bit too cold to play in the garage. Planet Fitness is a mile away, but I just can't muster the motivation to go (I have a membership, and I just fucking hate the atmosphere). It just feels like I'm in a holding pattern...waiting for spring, waiting for loans to be paid off in the next few years... wondering if my body will hold up long enough to have fun once I'm not broke...

I'll be ok.

10. Tristan

There is an electric cart place that has league nights... I went once, but sadly don't have the mad skillz of you-know-who to cover the costs. I doubt that iRacing crap is cheap, and there's the fact that I don't have a computer or internet connection at home.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Meet me over in the Jiu Jitsu thread. I have an idea. :D

Seriously, try it. Life changer for a lot of people. If it doesn't take, no harm done...

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

ummm....knitting. Knit a WERA Beeb blanket. There has to be something else. Coloring books, punch yourself in the face, have someone else punch you in the face. Something else to occupy the waking moments.

Phl218 and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Break the pattern, start some new patterns, constructive behavior that occupies your mind. Working out is good, bust out of your comfort zone, the only way to progress and become better is through change.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hey look Jbraun was thinking the same about someone else punching you in the face :D

JBraun likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How about a pet, do you have a dog?
    A dog will get you up and out.
    Get a pit bull.

panthercity, ToofPic and terminus est like this.
  16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

How old are you? And Spring will never come and change how you feel. There will always be loans and debt. I'm not saying this to be a dick but choose what you want with your life, in the end of the day you get out what you put in, and the only person in the world that will feel sorry for you is yourself and your mom.

terminus est likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Buy a harmonica...cheap and occupies time.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:clap:

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nah, then you start playing the blues and get depressed again.

Phl218, ToofPic and Sabre699 like this.
  20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Hows your vitamin D uptake? Helps with mood during the winter months when the sun isnt high in the sky.

Kaz is the medicine man here. He can elaborate more. @SPL170db

Phl218 likes this.