1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The c7r sounds so much better. I’m sure the 8 will be faster, but

NemesisR6 likes this.
  2. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Just saw it at my local dealership. Looks great in person!

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

NemesisR6 likes this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I do like how R&T isn't sugarcoating things.......this is a brand new platform and Chevy has some work to do to make the C8 the budget world-beater that they are striving for.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The article actually made a lot of sense. The masses are going to sell out the first year regardless. So give them the touring version for now, as they won't know the difference anyway. Then, same as they did with the C7, trickle the actual enthusiast editions out over the years. Keeps the name relevant and they get repeat sales from the initial group of people just buying a badge, plus all the new magazine covers saying "The Vette' goes hardcore!" and renewed enthusiasm for the brand. Much like motorcycles, there aren't many people actually driving the hell out of their cars on the road. So no need to cater to that market initially.

ducnut, BigBird and Shocker like this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Not to mention they clearly stated this was a pre-production verison. Not the "finished" product hitting the market. They could be addressing some of the things they are experiencing.

sdiver likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He kept the things that are expected to be corrected quiet.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    BigBird likes this.
  10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

So the chassis and brake engineers are going to take a 6 month vacation? No, tuning/tweaking will be done.

Ill wait for production reviews.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know, I didn't write the review. He was there, driving the car and talking to GM people. I wasn't. ask him.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

BigBird and Senna like this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Only thing I ever saw that was really disconcerting about the C7 was that at some point they must have really cheaped out on the wheels. Early cars had really strong forged wheels but later versions had cast or something weaker because broken/bent wheels became a real issue.

17. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Not in AZ its not. Haven't ever seen a broken rim out here.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’ve been out of the car game for a while as I’m a poor, but Matt is/was my go-to reviewer and his podcast is excellent.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Matt went off the rails with his rant of how irrelevant and unimportant Bullitt is as a car film. He should carry that energy to Kissimmee in January. :crackup:

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Then, you haven’t much travelled I-40, through Flagstaff and west of there. Countless blowouts and busted wheels, on every type of vehicle, through that area. The absolute shittiest of road crews, in AZDOT. There’s a reason independent contractors are used to pave roads across the country and not government hacks.