1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I just got a 2014 1le and love it!

ScottyRock155 likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, you may have had a hand in the fun being ruined ya; know.

G 97 likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Did you get to drive the C8 yet?

4. Yes but not “spirited” driving. Basically picture a very large parking lot. I could’ve had some fun in one this week but I don’t feel like getting on another plane. The interior is awesome. I’m 6’3” with only a 32” inseam so not a lot of cars in general “fit” me without some sort of compromise. I fit so good in that car I may have to buy one. I’ve been saving for a sports car but I just don’t like a 2 seater. I know back seats are useless in a lot of sports cars but I’m leaning towards a couple / few year old C63 sedan and throw a few parts at it. More than enough to have fun in.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

I think it is the first Vette I would consider buying, other than the old 63-67 Vettes.

My wife bought herself a C43, that is really nice. I was surprised it already needed a set of rear pads at 20K miles, and tires on the front at 16k.

The first car I've ever owned that needed rear pads before front. I figured it maybe from traction control squeezing them, but she doesn't usually drive that aggressive? I asked the service writer and he said it's common, it's programmed to squeeze the rears first.

On the test drive, the C43 sounded better than the C63 IMO. She originally wanted a Tesla, but after driving these liked the sound of the AMG and thought the electric was bland although fast.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I didn't hate the tesla when I drove one but it also wasn't something that lit up my liver. Souless.

but I get that they are the future. The Audi Etron, that almost got me except for the small range, no place to put the charger and no sound that stirs the soul.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When you are using the rear brakes for toque vectoring it eats through pads.

8. Wife’s Q7!needed new tires at 19.5k to the tune of $1700 and I swapped the front pads this weekend at 25k. Mind you that heavy ass thing came with summer tires that were way too soft for that heavy pig, switched to Pirelli all’s seasons and they seem to be wearing a bit better. I probably killed the brakes in about 300 miles after I knew I was going to change the tires out. Bumped up tire pressure a bit and flogged the thing in the mountains :) I was quite impressed for a heavy suv.

9. Boman Forklift

Our tires are run flat summer tires and I think it was around 800 per axle installed. Seems there aren't any slightly harder tires that are more economical, plus they are different widths so no rotating.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

That’s what I was going to say. Sure blame it on the baby but ignore the prior time 9 months prior. :D
    It always feels good at the moment. :oops:

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't think it was the hand.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Sabre699 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hope it sounds as good as the old one......hearing that thing scream towards start/finish while walking through the overpass exiting turn 17 at Sebring would send a shiver up your spine......

17. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Bravo gents....Bravo!!!
    As usual with Mr Acree......out-of-da-park.:clap: :rock:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It won’t. Smaller displacement, ohc, flat plane crank.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:clap: That sound clip dear Lord! :eek: