1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C5 Corvette or Mustang GT?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., Jun 12, 2019.

1. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

I've been daily driving a C5 for a long time. The interior is made out of Legos, and is literally falling apart. Excellent engine. The transmission is made out of glass. Everything drags. Storage is pretty good. Doesn't require the vagina to operate that a Mustang does.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Discounting that legendary GM reliability, Scott and I share a similar level of maturity. That means, for those of you lacking a bit of perception, that we are old, stiff, and grumpy. I love driving the Corvette. Getting in and out of it is another story. Getting cargo in and out is even worse. Find a clean Mustang GT of any year and it will be fast enough to be fun while still being somewhat practical. Don't worry about which V8. The trick is finding a GT that has not been owned by Joe Dirt and his cousin.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

C5's are still ugly, go for the Mustang.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

So what's your budget, like $5k?

Sent from my smatrfone

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I like everything about the C5 corvette, but I just can't see myself owning one. Whenever I think of a corvette I see a 60 year old fat man with white hair and this jacket:
    [​IMG]

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, at least I don't have the jacket.

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That’s corvette on both counts.

8. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

rafa likes this.
  9. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice