1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. :bow:

2. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

OP definitely got boned, but it sounds like there are a number of things he could have done better to manage the risks of buying a used bike as well as how he managed the situation once it went sideways.

(Not blaming the victim, but if your goal is to avoid shit, then you have to both prepare for it and respond accordingly when it happens.)

3. For what? A BBS claim? I could here Wayne Rainey now "I read the BBS and we know how the BBS facts are so... your dad is a crook so you sir can take the weekend off. But wait, can you please go to your trailer first and get me a set of Carillo rods, a Brembo master and some .95 springs?".

There is no charges against him, how could MotoAmerica do anything about it? Based on a social media thread? If that was the case there would be a lot less racers out there.

4. One other question about the springs, did the OP not set the sag before riding? How long was the bike in his possession before he noticed the master and motor? Legit questions that may have already been answered.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

She was wearing a mini-skirt! She was asking for it!!!!!! :D

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

So, as anyone gone and talked to Sr at the track?

5axis likes this.
  7. caferace

caferace No.

I suspect Jr. has. :crackup:

-jim

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Did he get his $100?

throwdown likes this.
  9. I bet he asked Sr to bleed the Brembo and change to .975 springs. Don't want to expose the Carillo rods in plain sight :blart:

dickie doo, 5axis and caferace like this.
  10. Wonder if Mark it as the track? If he is the OP should haul his ass down there, not sure if they are having a stunt show or some sort of other activity during the break but I propose a battle royale between Sr, Mark and the OP. 3 men in, one man leave. Your prize is a trophy with a base made of Carillo rods, post made of 0.975 springs topped with a Brembo master.

Gino230 and SpeedyE like this.
  11. caferace

caferace No.

That sounds unstable.

-jim

12. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i heard goodwill does lol

13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

THIS might get him where it hurts. contacting his sponsors and letting them know what there money is going towards, and how he is representing their companies - with a cheater bike, and ripping off racers.

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i have no idea on their money situation. i do know this, more money is always better...and i am sure they know that too. so you try to get as much as you can. also we know that there are plenty of racers at the track on weekends that have cards maxed out and are one step away from losing everything. i wouldnt just think that because they are at the track they have plenty of cash on hand. you see this with people in general all the time. big house, nice car, living on credit every day.

15. this thread sucks now. I'll put $25 bucks in for the OP to get on with his life. Who's with me?

BHP41 likes this.
  16. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Dude you have a serious hard on for mj. Op said he called mj and was told exactly what that bike had done to it. When torn down it was exactly what mj said. A cheater bike with a 2mm overbore and everything else stock.

17. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

:stupid: 10AM isn't too early. I can't believe more people haven't called bullshit on this.
    Proud to be from NY, by the way. No idea what that has to do with anything.

18. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

It's gonna be awesome if JU comes back in here to claim the $100

G 97, throwdown and vizsladog like this.
  19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thank you for taking the time to read it thoroughly and recall the facts.

vizsladog likes this.
  20. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Greg has the worst case of selective hearing/reading I've seen in a good while. It's kinda fascinating to see lol. Ducti89, hope you and the seller can come to a resolution. Best of luck.

MELK-MAN and vizsladog like this.