1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. caferace

caferace No.

CK knows his Pantone.

-jim

CMRA 270 likes this.
  2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

And another point...If Eslick can be suspended by the AMA over a felony charge, how does Frank Sr not suffer the same fate???

3. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Did he receive a felony charge? Is FSR racing?

JJJerry likes this.
  4. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

I want to thank everyone who has viewed and participated in this thread. It will easily beat the "First, kill all the lawyers thread..." while being much more informative and entertaining.

G 97 likes this.
  5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Because there hasnt been formal testimony......yet.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Charge? Not yet, but certainly we have proof of felonius activity. Race orgs suspend mechanics and crew all the time. Does the AMA or anyone else involved in motorcycle racing really want this in their pits?

Seems a double standard, suspension for Eslick based on an unproven charge but not FBS.

7. caferace

caferace No.

Convicted by the Beeb. :crackup:

-jim

dickie doo, Pixelator, Bruce and 2 others like this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yes but you and your fellow board members are still responsible for killing or at the very least damaging the CMRA. Kudos to you formsure

9. caferace

caferace No.

There's a smidgen of difference between being handcuffed and tossed in jail, and a 60+ page beeb thread. Just a wee bit.

-jim

Bruce, Razr, The Great One and 2 others like this.
  10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

which was my point earlier to those that seemed to think the were desperate for money. they are not. they didn't need to screw someone out of a few extra thousand dollars to make the next race round... could they have handled this situation differently ? sure. no doubt. But money wasn't the motivating factor in my opinion.

11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

The AMA probably doesn't but maybe MA doesn't care until someone presents it to them.

12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

The AMA is a member organization, not a court. Some of the AMA's most influential members have the evidence.

No one is talking about a conviction, rather a sanction for conduct detrimental to the sport. Eslick wasnt convicted either when the AMA acted.

JustaNobody and SupermotoFan like this.
  13. ped

ped Banned

Yeah a beeb thread has way more buttsecks

caferace likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

i would assume because Eslick was booked, by the police department. had a moment in court, plead out, etc. This situation has not run it's course, no formal charges, no matter what some think he COULD have thought he was selling the bike he thought he was selling (aside from the brembo and spring) etc.

I am just not seeing it this way.. there's a dispute, no doubt, but "proof of felonious activity" might be a stretch. FSR actually has the law on his side in many states due to it being an "as is " sale. did the OP expect something else? and get something else ? darn right.. but considering IT"S POSSIBLE Fsr got fucked by mark J, and is just pissed at the op for the "i'm a cop" comment, i don't know there is actual 'felonious activity" here. Morally wrong is even questionable, even though he SHOULD pay the OP back some money for the less expensive motor.. NO DOUBT.

Sean Jordan likes this.
  15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

At the time of suspension there was only a charge, right?

16. MELK-MAN

I know one thing.. the OP would have had a lot better shot at getting more money back, SOONER, had he taken more effort to get this sorted with the seller before blasting it all over social media. Is the beeb a place to vent this sort of thing ? god damn right. And it at times nets results. this is an IMPORTANT outlet. But i have seen things like this posted after much more exhaustive efforts have been made..

lightning97 likes this.
  17. MELK-MAN

.. by the police.. ;)

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I might challenge that assertion. Plenty of people I know have tried to sort things out privately to little avail. At the same time I agree with you the public posting was very early in the process.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Im out of effort....and alot of money. Excuse me for not battling his obtuse personality more.

drop, BigBird, SupermotoFan and 2 others like this.
  20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Didn't MJ get busted back in the day, running a 750 motor in a 600, in gsxr $$$ races? (just trying to get this thread moving....... :dead::dead::dead: :Putter: ...... :Pop: (hopefully) :D

*fwiw: I rode a 600 MJ bike (Legal SS) for a TD-session, and it was incredible from geometry/handling, brain-tire-connection, throttle off corners, etc. Guy is an amazing talented builder, if I had had money, I would have gone to him.

*fwiw: I ran a stock gsxr 750 frame/motor in 03 for two CCS events. I had a 600 with 40" of cracks in the frame and a broken motor and no $....friend donated the 750 frame/engine....I built a running bike w/ it w/ my 600 parts. I was a back-of the-pack racer, so it was out of desperation to be on the track, not win $. Ran 600SS/SB, 750SS/SB, UL-SS/SB, GTO/GTU. I may take a BEEBeating for this, but Just keeping it honest.....

Now lets burn some hooches :rock:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016