1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. Don't even explain your situation. Have a friend call. Anyone. Just say "looking at buying a bike that claims to have a motor you built in it, anyway to verify it? The cases are blank."

ToofPic and throwdown like this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Honestly, its a loss unless contrary evidence can be shown or until i split everything at the end of the season.

Its a lesson learned.

3. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Those pictures doesn't show anything. The Serial # on that year 600 is on the side of the engine next to the oil fill level.

4. Ducti89

Ok i will check when i get home, Stymie. Thanks.

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

You don't need to split the cases to get bore and stroke. CCS (for instance) has a tool which goes down through the spark plug hole.

flyboy likes this.
  6. Or give up without all the facts. Either way. You're right, lesson learned.

7. Ducti89

Ok i will ask around if anyone has one near me.

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Should've just gone to civil torts court. There are no 'gentleman's resolutions' in misrepresentation of product sold.

9. Ducti89

Long and drawn out. The community is small and word travels fast. If he sits on his bikes and parts until they become eligible for vintage then the financial out of pocket he spent and cant recoup is enough for me.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Honestly the whole deal is bad business.
    Everything that was on the bike should have been detailed and then included as a separate attachment to the receipt.

Simply asking, how does anyone here know that the bike wasn't delivered exactly as Frank described and you changed it. Not saying either side is right, however once you took possession of the bike, you accepted it as is and continued to race it knowing parts were not correct.

There are several reputable shops (Huey, KWS, that could have validated the info for you).

It's no doubt a crappy way to do business but I would be exceptionally careful about accusing someone of something when you accepted it as is.

When you buy one of John's bikes, he lays it all out for you.

TurboBlew, deepsxepa and joec like this.
  11. Ducti89

Seems like alot of work to go into the motor to swap rods and make a stink like this, no?

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I am not accusing you of anything. You came here to publicly air a dispute. I am simply playing the devil's advocate.

I have purchased a bike with supposed parts on it and got burned. As have many others here. It's a simple process to have parts checked and validated. As many others have been burned on this board, and it has been well documented, just curious as to why you chose to not take their advice.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    ToofPic likes this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah, but it would be a lot easier to just swap the motor completely. :p

14. Ducti89

Someone stated it before, honesty in a product youre selling.

Its to inform others.

Tearing a motor down and pulling suspensions apart is beyond my level.

15. Ducti89

*sigh*. I guess...

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Swapping rods would be a pita..If there's no engine number to document exchange of possession, who's to say that's the same motor you took posession of?

The term "chain of custody" would no doubt be something you're familiar with. Fwiw, I'm not accusing you either. Just agreeing with hyperdynes point.

I hope you get it sorted out no matter what. Id be pissed dropping 12k. The teardown should be interesting tho.

Almost find it hard to believe that a guy who has built for so many teams (vesrah, witchkraft....) would have a reason to do that. But people get screwed everyday.

17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

kinda late to get it in writing after the deal is sealed. even if the agreement (contract) was verbal, the two witnesses rule is still valid, just not as air tight as a valid written contract. ( a solid BillOfSale)

eitherway though, without two witnesses, its all hearsay.

18. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Just a question here: If one were looking at a +2mm motor, what would be expected (in addition to the rods)? Valve work? Head work? Crank work? Injection?

19. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

I guess I'm asking if anyone would take a motor, open it up, bore the cylinders, drop in 2mm oversize pistons, and do nothing else to the motor?

20. joec

joec brace yourself

Head work would depend on what pistons. Stock pistons would be a swap. Basically, what I'm seeing is a simple bore job with os pistons. You're not going to see some huge gain in hp with out headwork, cams, valvetrain. Big pistons that are stock cr will get you nothing but a fresh stock motor. Still, the rods should be there. Fwiw, I have no idea what a carrillo big end looks like.