1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. If the bore don't (in this case does) fit, you must acquit.

I think we need to webcast a tear down.

cajun636, G 97 and Razr like this.
  2. That's what gets me. Nothing adds up at all here.

Do the engine #'s match what was delivered by Mark to Babuska, Babuska to OP? That would tell a lot of the story.

3. Outrunning a stock R6 doesn't tell you a lot though. I can tell you if I was on a +2 bike and say PJ was on a stock one just drive alone would outrun me let alone his weight.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I will check the title and bike later today for that information.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not to be a DIK, but being LEO, I am suprised you didn't to that before handing over the $$$, #'s on paperwork not matching up is a large headache.

dickie doo likes this.
  6. Ducti89

I agree. I went on un-established credibility at the time

7. Ducti89

But in defense, the invoice provided does not specify vin and engine numbers and do far, thats been all the offered as proof of service.

8. Always include frame vin and engine vin on BOS/ invoice for any bike I buy. When I bought my dirtbike last year the guy thought I didn't trust him asking to include engine #, it's business not personal.

9. Mark should be able to provide the build sheet for your engine #. Have you contacted him directly?

10. Ducti89

image.jpeg
    It appears there is no stamp. image.jpeg

11. I'd still call Mark. I know a lot of builders put markings and such in certain places to avoid the type of stuff Mr Hord stated. I know of 3 builders that do this. All 3 engrave a serial # somewhere out of plain sight.

Maybe those are special -2 cases? :) (sorry, had to ). I blame the jet lag and 3.5 hours sleep in 48 hrs.

12. Ducti89

I dont think Mark should have to answer to me and dragging him here, well, thats for someone elses fight. Thats between him and Sr. As far as i go, its incumbent upon the seller to be honest.

Im sure someone will advise Mark of whats going on. There is an invoice that mentions carillo rods but they are not present.

joec likes this.
  13. I'd put a set of these on and go to town.

Attached Files:

jt21 and throwdown like this.
  14. Ducti89

Im reserved to the fact that there will be no more negotiation as lighting the proverbial fuse in this manner will blow any bridge in terms of communication.

As first stated, this thread serves as a warning.

This is to prevent guys from going through this with said seller.

15. That seems odd to me. I know every engine I've had built has an engine # or some sort of serial # with a build sheet (not every spec as some are obviously the builders money maker).

16. There's a number on there somewhere. Probably engraved with a dremel. Especially since they're blank cases.

17. Ducti89

If anyone knows Marks work and know where he dremels, i will certainly look for it.

18. I would just call him and ask him how he marks blank cases when he builds a motor.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

That acorn nut is driving me bonkers.

20. Ducti89

Again, not sure if i should be bugging him. Perhaps the seller, who was sponsored at one point by him, can call me out and furnish that information