1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have no doubts an honest seller wouldn't have let it get to this point.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I am not a number: I am a free man! No, I haven't read the rest of this thread yet. :beer:

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You know, the more this goes the more i feel like Porter in Payback.

I dont want 130k; its 7k.

Bruce and Scotty87 like this.
  4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm no lawyer, but the Carillo rods specification from him came after you bought the bike. Didn't the bike end up being a 2mm overbore, meaning it was as advertised?

So, if you add up what was advertised against what you received, you're missing a master cylinder and a shock spring? I'd say $2900 should cover those missing parts and the time it took to resolve this issue.

And to those making the argument that he was treated poorly: yeah, I agree. But we're only hearing half of the story and it normally takes two people to get into a heated discussion.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    stymie12000 likes this.
  5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that's not true at all... we heard plenty of bullshit, half truths, and conjecture from this dude's WERA counterpart version of Kellyanne Conway

6. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

You're out of your element Donny.

throwdown likes this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What if a stork flew over your house and dropped 4 carillo rods, pistons and cylinders on your front porch? I'll slap that pig together if you buy gaskets for 300 bucks. No warranty though. You want me to remove a layer of the head gasket to? We don't need no stinkin dyno run either. Break that puppy in up and down the street.

8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Documented/written communication can help protect the buyer AND seller! :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wasn't there some kind of fancy kit alternator missing too?

10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

And it's funny (not really) how the seller was the only person that did not want anything in writing.
    I guess when you are the one doing the screwing there is nothing to protect

11. caferace

caferace No.

Buyer didn't ask for written docs before the sale, either.

-jim

12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I believe you...:crackup:

13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

That is a mistake most people would make, at least before this thread.
    Not the same as the deliberate refusal to document which Babuska insisted on after said screwing

14. caferace

caferace No.

"Most people" being the general public?

If you're buying a bike that is claimed t0 have been built up, wouldn't you ask for the build sheet and dyno chart?

-jim

15. Ducti89

It was a 2mm superbike build. Yosh cams, rods, kit generator, master cylinder, spring ratio, headwork.

The bike was advertised as 127hpr on sunoco and 131 on mr12.

You cannot get there in a 2 over with just a bore.

16. Ducti89

Enter Mark Junge arguement.

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The only thing the buyer did wrong was not given what the fuck was advertised...... it's that simple. Don't be a God damn theif and this wouldnt happen. Sr knew good and well he was fucking the seller and probably has done it many times over,and could care less.

Shenanigans and Jeff McKinney like this.
  18. To be honest, it would depend on who I was buying it from. Perhaps that is naïve and I should be more vigilant about stuff. But if I was buying a bike from somebody like Eddie, or JU, or Ethridge, so on and so forth. Basically, if it was a "name" that we all know and has been in the sport for a long time, if they tell me a motor has a SS or SB build with xyz parts...I would believe them. I probably wouldn't be like "im going to need to see a build sheet for that".

19. Ducti89

That was my line of thinking. Honestly.

20. caferace

caferace No.

You get build sheets from Livengood?

-jim