1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's great - but a totally different thing than the build sheet on it's own, no matter what is listed it's still a bill of sale. Build sheet is different.

2. Is that what you call unlatching your Birkenstock's?

Phl218 likes this.
  3. I've always been provided a build sheet including serial #'s or hand etched #'s on certain parts. That becomes a moot point if you buy something without having that documentation up front. Then take delivery. Then ride it. Once you do that how are you to prove they were not in there and you swapped them out? That to me is reasonable doubt. I'm pretty sure if his lawyers are any good the judge will laugh at you. I hate you got screwed but lesson learned.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Discovery of defects arent immediate, especially when splitting an engine open comes into play.

I have time on my hands but not enough to swap out parts and frame someone.

5. Irrelevant in court as there was a reasonable amount of time to do it. I'm curious how this plays out. I'm imagining he will offer you a bit more money as his times probably worth something. Or he can be a guy who wants to clear his name (regardless who's fault it is, not getting into the legal system and what good lawyers can do). Really all depends on what the value of it all is to you and him.

6. caferace

caferace No.

Careful what you say. You had time enough to have it disassembled.

-jim

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Good way to avoid all the questions directed at you,that you don't answer for. Just go away.

vizsladog likes this.
  9. Ducti89

And he had more than ample time to investigate the motor before the sale since he left MJ under other than honorable conditions.

vizsladog likes this.
  10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

For $7k i will tell you right now the court is not going to care one bit in the sense of "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" like a million dollar lawsuit or murder trial. If the judge thinks he's an ass, you'll get your money. Plain and simple.

I hope you're asking for legal expenses too.

11. Ducti89

At the civil level its "preponderance of the evidence" or 51% of the jurors.

Im just looking to be whole from the purchase if you dont believe the "framing theory".

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

After you have dealt with Brian for a while, he proves you can trust him.

He and Sheila are good peeps.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Without a doubt.

I have been working with him for the past 4 years (taking care of the bikes, and handling everything in the pits during race weekends) and he is a top notch guy. I never have to worry about a single thing. He is just as anal and OCD as I am. His attention to detail is 2nd to none. I firmly believe he is the best in the business. No disrespect to anyone else, there are a lot of good builders/tuners/dudes out there, that is just my opinion.

Because we are so alike when it comes to stuff, it was actually a little difficult in the beginning learning how to "deal" with each other. But now we have it down pat. He has his own area with his own tables, he lays out his tools in the specific manner he wants them, and I am not allowed to touch anything (including the bikes). Then I have my area with my tables. I don't put my helmet or gloves on his tables, he doesn't put his tools or rags on my tables. We go over the schedule for the day and plan out a tire/wheel changing strategy for each bike, we review track notes from the previous weekend there (he was a top-10 AMA SBK rider as a Privateer, so he acts like a mentor also). I set the fuel out and unlock the trailer where the tires are. Then I dont bother him while he is working, and he will come in the RV and tell me when it is 2nd call. It works. :D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Broome has a Minion?

15. Reads to me like the other way around - Livengood has a minion :)

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Boooyahh!!!

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Shit, I like being the minion on occasion.

18. As long as we produce results, I don't care who is the minion. :D

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's my point about the build sheet - paperwork doesn't matter, the person doing the work or selling the bike does.

cav115 and Gorilla George like this.