1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bradley Smith gets a ride.

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Nov 12, 2018.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I don't understand the 'Get off my lawn!' anti E-bike reaction, these motorcycles must be fun to ride.

Still, this picture ended up on the Motomatter twitter feed and made oy larf...

Presenting the 2019 E-pilots....

[​IMG]

5axis and stk0308 like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

TZ, I may not like them but I'm at least smart enough to know that they are the future. I went kicking and screaming into accepting those hyrbrid cars and then the all electric ones.

We're the future, your future! :crackup:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  3. Some decent names in that series, washed up or not.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So, will the E-bikes have, you know, electronics?

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've done a 180 on my view of the e-bike series. I'm looking forward to watching them, and the tech evolve. Would love to ride one, but that's probably never gonna happen. Oh, and bring back Edwards to ride one, and add a little colour to the paddock.... He's been retired long enough now, that he's either completely done with it and moving on, or he's got the itch again :)

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

They definitely make noise. Wife and I were sitting at the bottom of Horsepower Hill in Brno, and I had gone for food/drinks during the break between races when the ebike went past for the demo laps. No, it doesn't assault your ears the way a Ducati GP bike does, but it was loud enough to hear over the 10,000 other people who were getting food at the same time. It sounded kind of neat to me. Then again, when battery/charging technology surpasses gasoline range/refill time, I will ditch at least half of the ICE vehicles in the garage. Admittedly, the motorcycles will be last.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The ambivalence level here would reach elenventh bazillion if Spies was to announce a return.... :D

8. Don’t give a flying fuck about the e-bikes; I am excited about it only because of the cool names in it. It is impressive to see someone like Gibernau going so fast (relatively speaking).

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I watched a video of Edwards riding one at Austin. I guess it was cool.

Edit: here it is.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

11. joec

joec brace yourself

There were like 4 or 5 of them at the Jersey ahrma round this year. The sound reminds me of the future. They have that electric rc car sound.

They are cool.

Once they figure out better battery tech.. it'll get crazy.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Even Freddie Mercury's ghost thinks that's ghey.

Cannoli and ChemGuy like this.
  13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Just like anything else humans are naturally resistant to change. We are entering a new era that we are seeing the transition. Like 2 strokes to 4 strokes. I love the ICE but once the tech improves and more big names get to the series I will watch it. Really weird direct drive power without gears that I can hear.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Something is coming that'll make ebike racing more than the geek that bites the heads off of live chicken sideshow at the circus. I wish I knew what it was and when it's coming but it will.
    I didn't like the switch from stink wheels to diesels in motogp but it was the future. In 5, 10 or 20 years they will make the switch from diesel to toasters even if we don't like it.

YB is dead on.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

16. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Reported.

motion likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and rejected.

Ya' snitch. :D

motion likes this.
  18. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Can’t remember where, but I saw a clip of the testing as they were going down the front straight, actually sounded pretty neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Hey, I don't get any bonus for reporting the snitch?

5axis and motion like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, you get stitches. :D