1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bradley Smith gets a ride.

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Bonus stitches; you've made my day.

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

So when e-bikes make it to the paddock, what will electric cost be at the track?:D

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nothing if you have a loud-ass generator.

HEY!!! You could strap a LAG to the bike & use race fuel in it!!!!!

All the scents & sounds!!!

Problem solved.

badmoon692008 and Ducti89 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I keep wondering if they will train the corner workers what to do and well enough when the toasters crash and light up.

The local FFers are told to make sure no one is in the teslas and then let them burn if the one foam truck isn't on site. . . and bill the toaster owners.

5. Perfect solution for all e-vehicles.

Prospect, ToofPic and pickled egg like this.
  6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

What happens if it rains,and shorts out?
    Will they wheelie?
    Guys still gonna be able to back one into a turn?
    I'm thinking suck-assery is uh coming in the future..
    and I had forgot all about the race fuel smell being gone,hell that's half the fun,sounds,smells.
    Kinda like going to a state fair and not smelling sawdust,and cotton candy..
    [​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Serious question, is that a Class D fire? Scary shit.

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They’ll eventually replace ICE completely. Expect MotoGP to introduce a hybrid drivetrain first. Dollars to donuts that’ll be the next new technical paradigm in the series next time they change it. 10 years on the outside maybe? To go all electric will take significantly longer, as it’ll require a revolution in battery technology and materials science. For it to be viable at the highest level they’re going to have to

1. Provide enough energy to complete a MotoGP race at MotoGP speeds

2. Enable bikes to be built with similar power/weight ratios

3. Not be hugely more expensive than ICE. That’ll probably be the biggest ask, as internal combustion is mature technology and this shit... ain’t.

It’ll be extremely interesting in a few years. All kinds of cool shit will be possible. Maybe the batteries will be the frame themselves.

One thing that will be difficult is controlling the rider aids. These things will be at least 90% software creatures, I don’t see how any manufacturer would be interested in participating if they can’t write their own software. Which will make it extremely difficult to reduce or control rider aids.

I’ll miss the days of yore and combustion engines too, but that’s the way the world is heading. I don’t think it’ll come real soon though. Battery energy density has increased by a factor of 2 in the last 30 years. Transistor density has increased by several orders of magnitude in the same time.

9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member