1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy was I surprised to hear this

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kmfegan, Sep 28, 2004.

1. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Iraq Marine: Troops 'Terrified' of a Kerry Presidency

U.S. troops on the ground in Iraq are "terrified" at the prospect that Americans back home might elect John Kerry president, a Marine and Iraq veteran who is on his way back to the front lines said Monday.

Asked how Kerry's election would affect troop morale in the combat zone, Lance Cpl. Lawrence Romack told KWEL Midland, Texas, radio host Craig Anderson, "It would destroy it."

"We're pretty terrified of a John Kerry presidency," added Romack, who served with the 1st Marine Tank Battalion in Iraq.
    The Iraq war vet said he fears that most of the news coverage is being skewed to make the mission look like a failure in order to give the Kerry campaign a boost.

"What they're trying to do is get Kerry into the White House, because they know he doesn't want us to stay [in Iraq]," he told Anderson.

Asked if Americans back home were getting an accurate picture of what's happening in the war, the Marine corporal said: "No, they're not. It's not even close. All the press wants to report is casualty counts. They don't want to report the progress we're making over there."

Romack noted that in the southern part of the country, Iraqis welcomed U.S. troops when they set up an immunization programs for children, opened schools and began distributing food.

"Almost immediately people were lining up to get their kids shots," he told Anderson.

Contrary to reports that the general population was too afraid to help ferret out insurgents, Romack said, "We had Iraqis pointing out former Baath Party members for us to arrest."

When the KWEL host opened up the phone lines, a member of the 82nd Airborne who had returned from Iraq in March was first on the line.

He agreed with Cpl. Romack that media reports coming out of Iraq were often inaccurate – and sometimes even dangerous.

"The news media – sometimes I felt like I had as much to fear from them as I did the Iraqis," he complained.

Link to story

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yayyyyy for Kerry! It kinda just makes ya all warm & fuzzy all over again dont it boys? First Nam and now Iraq!

But the libs will continue to try and have you believe they're patriotic and stand behind every soldier. And why shldnt we believe they're doing that I mean look at all the complaints theyve been lodging against the press for covering nothing but the negative aspects of the war for the past 1.5 yrs!!!

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Well being a Marine stuck here at home I don't get any news of that sort except what I see on CBS and other networks. I guess no news is good news and I don't believe any of that crap that the networks spew anyway. All I know is that we are doing good things over there and will contiue to do so no matter who is elected. BTW that website while good is sort of biased against Kerry so I don't think it is a good source of news.

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You want good news of our warriors doing good things? Go here and here.

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Legislative Proposals Relating to the War in Southeast Asia Thursday, April 22, 1971 United States Senate, Committee on Foreign Relations, Washington, D.C.

The committee met, pursuant to notice, at 11:05 a.m., in Room 4221, New Senate Office Building, Senator J. W. Fulbright (Chairman) presiding. Present: Senators Fulbright, Symington, Pell, Aiken, Case and Javits

From public record, Senator (then, Mr.) Kerry-

Can you even imagine how this was received by the NVA who held our POWs? Can you imagine how this must have been received by our POWs? I guess Kerry's agenda has come full-circle now, with his vying for the position of leader of the world's most powerful nation. The fact that the race is so close tells me that we have been relegated to a population full of lilly-livered pansies, from what was once a proud nation founded by honorable patriots. :mad:

Read the entire testimony here-

Link

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You will never make some folks understand that badmouthing our troops and continually calling for them to quit gives hope to the enemy and encourages them to intensify the efforts which led to those calls to remove our troops. Those voices convince the enemy that we don't have the backbone to fight to win.
    Thanks to our one-sided media, those voices dominate.

7. kmfegan

Sounds like a good thing to me.

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I agree in a way but I always thought the news was supposed to be objective. Boy am I stupid. [​IMG]

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea me2 brother but how many do you think there really are?:mad:

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

You are correct. Nobody had the right to protest the war. Real men lived like moles, believing their leaders' lies, never questioning, never protesting. Real men would have let Nixon and Kissenger continue to manipulate the war for their own selfish political gain.

:rolleyes:

Only pansies didn't protest the war.

11. Shyster d'Oil

What I said to Jay.

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Did you forget who started and who perpetuated the whole fiasco? BTW, Kerry had a right to say whatever he wished. His freedom to speak did not go without consequences. His words were damning to the POWs. They were used by their captors, and our soldiers were tortured as a result. Great job, Mr. Kerry! :mad:

I never doubted that Kerry was a "real man". He tells us in every interview and every speech that he served in Vietnam. I'll give him that. It is my opinion that he is also a manipulative worm with a lousy voting record.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

But Rodger, there's a difference between protesting the war and accusing your "brothers in arms" of war crimes you haven't witnessed. Kerry went far beyond protest.

14. kmfegan

People have a right to protest.

People do not have a right to lie.

And Rodger we have a new term for when someone manipulates a war for their own selfish political gain - you just say John Kerry.

15. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Ask the Swift Boats veterens about lying for political gain. :D

Sorry you can't blame anyone but Bush for clusterfu<k in IRAQ. :D

16. Shyster d'Oil

And the new term for murderer would be Nixon or Kissinger?

17. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

No. That would be Jenjiss Khan. :D

18. kmfegan

I would say Clinton or Albright could be used more accurately.

19. kmfegan

If they are lying then how come Kerry, who would let Paris decide when America needs defending, has had to change his story 3 times to match their version?

If they are lying then how come Kerry, who would let Paris decide when America needs defending, just doesn't sign Form 180 to release his complete military records?

Why does Kerry, who would let Paris decide when America needs defending, lie when asked about releasing his military records? He tells them he has when everyone knows he has only released 6 of about 100 pages.

20. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I don't understand why this is an issue, it's not like you canidate has a leg to stand on? Why aren't there any pictures of Bush serving in Alabama?

Why are Bush's records sealed?

Why did Bush flip-flop and not seek a second vote from the security council? BTW...the UN is in New York.