1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy was I surprised to hear this

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kmfegan, Sep 28, 2004.

1. bentbryan

bentbryan no more pre-race jitters

And what political gain are the swiftboats gunning for? What are their demands?

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

If it were a clusterfuck then it could be blamed on Bush and all of those other nice little politicians in Congress that voted for war. :p

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Why do you leftwing nutcases care about military records in this election? You certainly didn't have a problem with Clinton's non-service protests against the US in Moscow.

4. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Are you really that stupid? It is an issue because you just brought it up a few posts ago.
    He not necessarily me candidate. And you shouldn't even talk about having a leg to stand on. You Kerry cool aid drinkers can't name one thing he has accomplished in his twenty years in the Senate.
    I guess he didn't have an 8 mm movie camera.
    As far as I know they are not sealed. Just yesterday they found some more obscure documents that they dug up from somewhere.
    Yeah he flip flopped. He wanted action taken against Iraq and stayed consistent with that. He was not interested in getting Useless Negotiaters Resolution #18.

Bush has flip flopped. That is why he has to clarify and re-issue his final stance on the war every few days.

Go ask Saddam if he thinks Bush wavered on Iraq,

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why are there movies of John Kerry in Vietnam? I know there are some vets on the BBS. Any of you have movies of yourselves striding heroicly out of the undergrowth with every possible piece of ordinance strapped to your body? Guess you didn't have the foresight to bring movie equipment and have your men film you while you staged the circumstances. Pity.

How about Purple Heart winners, if any, on the bbs, any of you ever brag about your medal (which, in Kerry's case, he amazingly received no hospital treatment for any of his three Purple Hearts)?

My father-in-law is a WWII Purple Heart recipient (bronze star and a few others, too). I've known him for thirty years and never known him to speak about the circumstances until recently when asked by my wife because she wanted to document his life history for family records because his health is failing.
    Even then, he only described the circumstances with as little detail as possible (he said he was the last man into a foxhole when they started getting shelled-his job was laying communication lines to forward positions).
    He was on active duty for 4+ years, not four months and received severe shrapnel wounds in the back, yet my wife said that that was the first time she had heard any description of his service from him (she's 50).

He's not the only decorated war hero I know, and not one of them ever brings it up in conversation, nor do they like to talk about it when pressed.
    Kerry made his medals, which he supposedly threw over the Whitehouse fence years ago, the cornerstone of his campaign.

He couldn't carry my father-in-laws suitcase.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Here's a little reminder of some of Kerry's many "nuanced" positions on the war, published in today's Union-Leader:

Kerry’s war positions:

Saddam as a threat:

“We have to be prepared to go the full distance, which is to do everything possible to disrupt his regime and to encourage the forces of democracy.”
    — February 1998

“It would be naive to the point of grave danger not to believe that, left to his own devices, Saddam Hussein will provoke, misjudge, or stumble into a future, more dangerous confrontation with the civilized world.”
    — October 2002

“We have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure. . . “
    — Sept. 20, 2004

Unilateral action:

“If Saddam Hussein is unwilling to bend to the international community’s already existing order, then he will have invited enforcement . . . even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act.”
    — September 2002

“It was wrong for America to go it alone.”
    — Sept. 6, 2004

Going to war in Iraq:

“I said at the time I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him.”
    — May 2003

“In fact, the President has made a series of catastrophic decisions — from the beginning — in Iraq. At every fork in the road, he has taken the wrong turn and led us in the wrong direction . . . I believe the invasion of Iraq has made us less secure and weaker in the war against terrorism.”
    — Sept. 20, 2004

WMDs:

“In 1991, the world collectively made a judgment that this man should not have weapons of mass destruction. And we are here today in the year 2002 with an uninspected 4-year interval during which time we know through intelligence he not only has kept them, but he continues to grow them. . . The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real.”
    — October 2002

“He (Bush) certainly misled America about nuclear involvement, and he misled America about the types of weapons that were there. . .”
    — July 2004

Who chose war:

“Saddam Hussein made a grave error when he chose to make war the ultimate weapons inspection enforcement mechanism.”
    — April 2003

“I voted for the process. Go to the UN, build a coalition, and go to war as a last resort. George Bush broke his promise and went around us. He set the date for the war, not Saddam Hussein.”
    — January 2004

Iraq as part of the War on Terror:

“Today marks a tragic milestone in the war in Iraq. More than 1,000 of America’s sons and daughters have now given their lives on behalf of their country, on behalf of freedom in the War on Terror.”
    — Sept. 7, 2004

“We must have a great national debate on Iraq. The President claims it is the centerpiece of his War on Terror. I believe that Iraq was a profound diversion from that war and the battle against our greatest enemy, Osama bin Laden and the terrorists.”
    — Sept. 20, 2004

This is all Kerry in Kerry's own words. So tell us, Chuck, just where exactly does Kerry stand on Iraq?

You'll notice, btw, the increase in suicide bombings in Iraq on the eve of the first debate. Just Kerry's allies in Iraq providing more ammunition for him to use against Bush, since they are well aware that is what he wants. You can expect even more as the election gets closer. They haven't forgotton the results they acheived with Spain, nor missed the penchant of Kerry and the leftist media to showcase any terrorist acts as signs we are losing.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

John Kerry will never be a hero in my book!
    That POS had his political career laid out from the moment he signed the recruiting papers. Who the hell brings a video camera to war and has the time to reenact the conflict? This dude belongs in a mental ward not the White House.
    If I were a soldier who received 3 purple hearts from band aide injuries Id probably throw them over the fence too. He IS a complete fraud.....PERIOD!

8. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I guess we share the same author then.

9. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

I'm tired of hearing the crickets chirping. I want to hear a Kerry supporter explain this crap. Hello? Anybody there?

Funny how Kerry changed his stance to further his campaign agenda.