1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boom: Herrin to Graves SBK

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Because he may actually have facts and not pure speculation. What good are facts?

2. The first thing JH1 would say is that Graves doesn't run the Superbike program.

3. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

And never has. Doubt a current Yamaha superbike has ever been in Van Nuys.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Monster Energy runs it.....everyone knows that.

5. Nope. I can only ride one bike at a time. Multiple teams would be a waste. :D

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It will be good to see the changes.... Whatever they may be... Feel kind of bad for Ameen though... He Is a very cool person...

7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Didn't Meen pull out of the last race anyway?

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes they did....

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Josh Hayes is a poopie head.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Speaking of Meen, so are they done or what?

11. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

Spies and Stoner in MotoA on Bologna-backed V4's in 2019.

Gorilla George and turbulence like this.
  12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

CrXmeMhW8AEQHFz.jpg

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did Meen pull out to spite MA (seems kinds of pointless if you ask me), or did they not have the funds to complete the season?

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Seems like they used a dispute with MA as a cover for being unable to continue on, but that's just a guess.

badmoon692008 and noles19 like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That was my 3rd guess because it seems like a really stupid way to protest the series when JH2 clearly wanted to participate at Pitt-Race and was in attendance to show support. Doesn't exactly jive with Meen boycotting the round, especially when Josh said he felt the penalty he received was valid and didn't seem to take issue with it....poor guy just wanted to race.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Meen is based in California. The last three rounds of the season are east and southeast, meaning huge travel costs. They don't have a chance in hell of winning anything, do they can pull out in protest, and save a ton of money to put towards development for next year.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Exactly.

Pulling out and stating that financial constraints are preventing them from attending, I would have to think would put them in much better graces with the series than saying they are staying out as a metaphorical middle finger for the penalty they handed to their rider at the previous round. This is of course assuming that Meen has the intention of continuing to participate in the series anymore.

18. It's a lot easier for their ego, and maybe they think it makes them look better to the public (and future potential partners/riders/etc) if they say they are willingly pulling out of a round because they are "taking a stand for what they think is right".....

...rather than saying "we didn't plan or manage the funds right, and can't afford to go".

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Maybe they should go get John Hopkins and give him a ride. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? Hopkins has a ride.