1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boom: Herrin to Graves SBK

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Off topic: but I have a feeling we could see Spies back on the MA grid at some point.

In an interview during a WSBK race last year he said that his shoulder was feeling fine and he has already been doing a lot of dirt and trail riding with no issues.

They asked him about a comeback and he said that jumping right into the World level after a long layoff would be difficult, but a National series could be a possibility.

He talked like he has the "itch", but I'm sure the situation would have to be ideal. I can't seem him coming back to race for Meen or some shit like that.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why would Elias go to WSBK? Unless Suzuki is coming on with a full factory team and big money, why would you go back to Europe for a mid-pack ride and probably less money when he could stay over here and dominate Mladin style for a few years and then retire?

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I don't see him being dominant for a few years with the talent that's coming up.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because Suzuki will tell him what he'll do. :)

DucatiBomber likes this.
  5. Perhaps he thinks he won't be midpack. Maybe he thinks with a good factory effort, the new bike, and his experience, he can battle for Podiums.

Battling for top 5's in WSBK would be much better than winning in MA.

6. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Can't imagine Spies coming back. Seemed like he had lost all desire to ride scooters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know the details of his retirement but I'd think he had an insurance policy that paid him bucks and if he comes back, he has to pay or a portion of it back. Like Scott Russell.

8. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I dunno about scooters but he's been riding dirty bikes nonstop.

9. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Big scooters. I dunno man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Yep. He will go where they tell him to go to.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah, Ben's gotten married and had a little girl since he said sayonara to MotoGP. I don't see him coming back at this point to even MA (although I hope I'm wrong about that).

In other news I am excited to see how Herrin fares on the Graves bike. I hope he does make an impressive, and safe showing aboard it.

12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Its nice that the stars aligned to give Herrin a two-race interview for a factory ride. I really feel Hayes is going to hang the gloves up. Cameron is not going anywhere, the second Graves seat is going to go to: Gerloff (but we all know he aspires to go overseas), JD, or Herrin. I think Gerloff would come in and win right away. JD needs a year on a SBK before he is consistently battling for lead. Herrin has the experience and would also be an immediate contender.

This will be an interesting off season, I want to see more overseas talent come over here as it makes the series deeper. MA needs that. Will be interesting to see where Elias ends up. He is too talented still to stay in MA.

Spies... What if that guy showed back up on Yosh Suzuki again! Even though I would love to see him come back, and would be great to see him on Yamaha. Maybe the money is running out. Benny Solis needs to get on competitive machinery. I watched him grow up on the tracks around here in Cali and the kid is so talented.

What if they did a SPEC 600 supersport class. Everyone on the same machinery (since there arent enough manufactures funding). I think that might make it more equal. This class shouldnt be as far apart as it is now.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They don't back WSB, they aren't going to back MotoAmerica.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't understand. Josh Hayes occasionally reads the BBS. Why don't you guys ask him what his plans are instead of speculating out of your asses? :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I learned that the hard..err good way a few years back . I was complaining about how boring race 1 was at some round because he just ran off and left everyone. Race 2 was closer , and he Pm'ed me something to the effect of , "Was that better?" . Ha! Very cool guy , and an asset to this sport on and off the track from everything I can see.

badmoon692008, Kolbe, bacolmm and 4 others like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because he's smart enough not to respond :crackup:

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Usually.

418 likes this.
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Hayes is a stand-up guy and great ambassador to the sport, role model for the young kids. I dont think he has anything left to prove. My earlier post wasnt implying he doesnt have the skillset anymore as he clearly does. I agree with others that the talent has gotten better around him, not that his skills have diminished. I am just speculating that his retirement seems sooner than later. Also, he could never come on the bbs and publish what his actual plans are besides stating "winning races for Graves Yamaha". Anyways, I think Graves will keep a seat warm for him as long as he is still competitive. But a few young talented kids coming up looking for one of the "four" factory spots on Yamaha and Suzuki.

Looking forward to Herrin's two races. Dont forget you can watch the Moto-America races on Youtube courtesy of BeIn sports.

19. You touched on one of the biggest problems we have...there are only 4 truely good seats.

It would be different if we were like the BSB and also had multiple seats on a Kawasaki, Ducati, Honda, and BMW up for grabs. Instead the whole country is fighting over 4 seats (on a 600 or 1000).

If you aren't in one of those 4 seats, you have very little chance of winning.

We have some really good talent, just nowhere for them to sit.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So fire up the Broome money machine and put a couple teams on the grid. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.