1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books worth reading

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, May 17, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You could read the CMRA books but I heard they might be rare and hard to get.

Robin172 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just came here to suggest the same. :crackup:

3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Yep. 1-Rapist anti-hero has easily conquered obstacle placed in front of him. 2-He gets around obstacle via pure luck. Repeat ad nauseum until end of book and a little further. Makes Christopher Paolini look like a skilled, mature author.

4. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

IDK if it has been mentioned yet, but I'm reading through the third edition
    of MotoGP Technology by Neil Spalding.
    Well worth the money to me, if you are interested in this sort of thing. :crackup:

https://motogptechnology.com/

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I've been reading up on America's generals. Started with Norman Schwarzkopf (good), Patton (OK), Grant (excellent), Tommy Franks (OK), just finished Omar Bradley (ehhh). Of course I've read many about Washington but much of that has been embellished but the story about Valley Forge by Tom Drury was excellent. If you like this kind of stuff my recent read "Marked for Death" by James Hamilton-Patterson about the WW1 air war was very good.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

In many ways those books were a real LOTR rip-off.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I'm into "black flags blue water" after hearing the author on a weekend news show. Very interesting read about pirates and their interactions with eastern seaboard peeps in the late 1690s to early 1700s