1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike adjustments spreadsheet

Discussion in 'General' started by Redline69, Dec 22, 2016.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

add:
    fork preload
    shock preload
    shock springrate
    chain length (to go w/ gearing)
    tire compound

a better measurement for front ride-height is to measure from center of axle to the top of the lower triple clamp.

for shock height on some bikes, the measurement is length + shim thickness

Redline69 likes this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I kept all the setup data and notes in computation notebook. They're tough books and bound, so you won't lose your work. Thick paper, too. You'll find those same notebooks in various science labs all over the word.

I'd trace diagrams of the track on a page and after a session, would write thoughts/observations with arrows pointing to different parts of the track. Shift points, braking points, good places to pass along with the basic aforementioned bike setup data. The setup data itself was formatted the same on ever page.

It stayed in the toolbox so as to be handy. Being able to refer to it before heading back to another track I've visited before, it was helpful for getting on the pace right away. It was way better than having to lug around something that required electricity.

Redline69 likes this.