1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big game hunter killed.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, May 23, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Poachers kill endangered gorillas for the meat in the same Central African forests where some of the elephant killings happen. If that meat had real value, there would be a market for it as well.
    And like Mongo said, there are just not enough people patrolling the areas where they hunt elephants to make poachers leave that kind of money behind 100% of the time. I think that they would take their chances if it was worth it.

For some reason, you refuse to process the critical difference which is that the racer wasn't trying to kill anyone or anything. Of course, acknowledging that would cause your entire argument to collapse, so I understand why you don't want to. Legality doesn't factor into my argument because it's irrelevant. I don't laugh at guys getting killed in illegal base jumps. I think it's stupid, but they're not hurting anyone doing it.

By the way, I would root for anyone hunting lions and elephants with their bare hands. Maybe even a knife. :D

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Go back and read your first post.
    "Good ridencce(sic) asshole"
    Ya, that really sounds like you don't think people should die...

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And you refuse to process the critical similarity that both activities are completely legal. And while I usually like animals more than people they do not have the same rights yet and you are making a moral judgment based on your feelings. You say that legality is irrelevant because that would cause your entire argument to collapse so you are going to go with "morality" and "feelings" instead of logic.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, if that makes sense inside your head, keep hanging on to it. But don't confuse it with logic.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

You really are quite dense. Me not shedding any tears or not losing any sleep over someone who dies while killing animals for sport is a far cry from wanting them to die. It's a very simple distinction that most people can distinguish between the difference.
    But I guess not for the cunty Canadian.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, because I am so dense I must have misunderstood these quotes of yours too. After a second look I can see all of the concern and wishes of a long productive life for your fellow man oozing from your posts...

"So from this article they shot at the elephants first. In any event, I'm satisfied with the outcome."
    "Again, I am satisfied with the end result."
    "I see very little difference between poachers and big game trophy hunters. They all can diaf."

And please, if you are going to try to insult me be original. It will make you look a tiny bit smarter.

7. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

None of this rambling changes the fact that the guy who died wasn't a poacher.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So what? Do you have a point? Paige asked why people kill elephants. The vast majority of it is poaching. If they meat had any real value, they would use it. What is your point, other than arguing?

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The only real value in the meat is to the locals that allow the legal big game hunting and get the meat from those hunts. I don't see how the poachers would get any value from the meat. They just want to take the ivory really quick and get out of there, they simply don't care about the animals and what happens to the carcasses.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what your entire point was? :crackup: Okay, duh, you are absolutely correct. I however didn't take her question as asking about why most elephants are killed but about why actual hunters did so (poachers not being hunters per se).

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

There is an market for the meat, they call it bushmeat and it can be any wild game meat including elephants and gorillas. Sold everywhere even on the side of the road.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That explains everything...

[​IMG]

brex likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, I'm getting hungry. Boss won't decide what's for dinner so I can cook it either. She may be getting pizza delivery.... Ooh, that'll work for leftovers for the roadtrip too.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sarah texted me an hour ago with "TACO TUESDAY", so maybe she's gonna stop for a chaloopa and a steak kaysodilla. :crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Messican would be good but that would mean driving to get it. Messican joints need to deliver!

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dammit. Now I'm thinking how a nice margeurita would taste while chowing down on tacos.

Damn you!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pizza wins. And some wings. And a salad.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Obviously you've never had gluten free pizza... :(

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nor will I ever have it. There's no point.

Although I could probably have some fun with a cornmeal crust and some toppings. Wouldn't call it pizza tho.

I won't tell you that a new place opened nearby that delivers old school good stuff. Sloppy and slid around because they actually put toppings on it, but even with the extra liquid from fresh veggies and a little greasy from all the cheese and real meats the crust is still chewy and crunchy when you bite into it. Nah, that would be mean to talk about.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If I were you I'd stay away from Ariana Grande concerts for a while... :mad: