Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Jan 1, 2021.
I agree but the folks with discipline may not be the only folks to run across this thread.
They have been duly notified of the requirements.
Why do I think your idea of discipline involves lots of leather and stiletto boots?
Unlike a credit card I might sign up for that. He'd at least be honest about what's likely to happen. That's better than a credit card company.
interesting that you would use a "he" (NTTAWWT)....i see that you've thought about this scenario already...good on you
Well you can't make good decisions without thinking about it....
Any BDSM scene requires the active and continuing consent of all parties involved. Without that consent, its simply abuse.
The sham of retail contracts is not active consent.
I don't need costumes to have discipline. Discipline was beaten into me as a child by my midwestern parents.
You get the reward even if you pay it off every month paying no interest. Pretty easy really.
I will once again state I know the game being played. I will once again state I know that most people are losing the game...
What do the idiots have to do with anything? They'll lose any game they play.
Rewards cards (most credit cards actually) tend to lure people into spending more than they otherwise would with cash because they're getting "rewards". Like the adult version of the carnival games. I WON 400 tickets, woohoo. And now I can "buy" a $0.5 teddy bear with my tickets. It took me $20 to win those tickets though, but I "Won" them.
If you don't get lured into the "game" they can be beneficial and are essentially "free" money, but make no mistake the credit companies aren't in the business of giving out free stuff. For every one guy that uses it reasonably and "beats" the system, there's 1000's out there walking around the carnival with a giant bear on their shoulders.
@Venom51 Completely understand where you're coming from. I hate owing people money as well. Doesn't take much math to see just how much money a credit card company can rake in if you slip even a little.
That said, I'm in the same boat as many others here and currently have 5 open credit card accounts. However, I've also never paid a dime in interest on any of them. My general rule is if I couldn't pay cash for something, then it's not going on a credit card. Then there's no concern of the money I was depending on to pay the card not arriving as expected - it was already there. I also pay my cards off weekly so I never have to worry about forgetting, overlooking something, or losing count of my cumulative balances versus my bank account.
Funny thing is my favorite card is a secured credit card through my bank that I picked up years ago. At the time, I had essentially zero credit as I had never financed anything and it wasn't until I went to buy a home that I realized how big of a problem this was. So I just got a secured credit card with my bank (Suntrust) and put a few hundred dollars towards it. One of the rewards is 2% cash back on gas and grocery. So I've just put all my gas and groceries on it for the past few years and let it accumulate. It's become one of my half dozen or so little stashes that I have in various places. I figure one day, when the need or desire arises, I'll go cash all those little stashes in. Until then, I'll just let them build. Yes I know that few hundred dollars could've been invested elsewhere and made more money in the same time but for anyone looking to build credit from scratch, it seems to be a good start.
Pareto works for them :
20% keeping things in check, the other 80% are the Idjits
I'm just playing devil's advocate. Not everyone has the self control to make this work in their favor.
So you're being bitchy because people are in general kind of stupid? Huh.
You see it however you like big boy.
Congrats. It's really a double-edged sword. But man what a phenomenal setup when you're in your 20's and single. No way I could pull it off now with a family.
Those year end reward checks from Costco f0r $3k+ were . "Sorry, this amount is too large to cash out here, you'll have to talk to that guy."
Agreed. There have been at least a few times where I've been tempted to buy this shiny new thing that would've been a stretch coming out of my checking account. I knew I had a steady income that would make paying it back at the end of the month no problem. But luckily that little thought of owing someone money eating at me has always prevented me from doing this. I know technically any time I use the card, I now am in debt to someone. But knowing the money is there to pay it right away makes it feel less so.
Separate names with a comma.