1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best MotoGP races of all time

Discussion in 'General' started by JCP636, Mar 10, 2014.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not sure if these are included, but almost any race from the first couple years of moto2. Many races where theres 8 or more guys with a chance at the win on the final lap. Moto2 is still fun to watch but those first two years were unbelievable.

2. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Yea, that was it. 2000 isn't a bad season to watch, but I'm biased. I was an unhappy teenager moved mid-highschool to Germany. It was my first exposure to motoGP. KR Jr was riding well. Rossi was a Rookie. McCoy was sliding around. Kato was impressive as a 250 Rookie in an international series for the first time.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I burned it when I thought about callin' him on that shit. Then decided he was just bein' a tool.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

when did Rossi give Biaggi the finger going into turn 1?

5. Right before we all gave it to you.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

When Biaggi leaned his shoulder into Rossi trying to push him off track.
    Isn't that in one of the Faster movies?

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Yeah - was at Brno.

Rossi went off track, but its never really been settled as to whether Biaggi was trying to push him off track or just trying to use him as a berm.

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Australia 2000 or 2001 was fantastic. Close to 6 or 7 guys battle for the lead. Some drop back, then catch back up. Must be 2000 as Rossi was on the non-repsol NSR. Barros and capirossi on the West Honda

9. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Well, if you can say that Colin gifted him the championship, then I can say he would have won Valencia if he needed too... :D

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Word.

11. Yeah - was not at Brno :)

12. 2006 had a bunch of good races. Mugello, Assen, Sachsenring, Sepang, and Estoril were all barn burners.

That season is all you need to disprove the old timers assertion that the 4 strokes killed good racing. Especially when you consider how the championship was decided. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  13. Well, the only one that truly knows the answer to that is Biaggi, but to me, it looked like he was trying to push him off.

14. Silverstone 2013 had a pretty amazing finish.

15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Damn, watching you guys talk about the good racing of early 2000's makes me kinda sad i got into riding and watching MotoGP so late in the game (2010ish is when i started following MotoGP)

I kinda wish i was there to watch Rossi come up through the ranks and watch his epic battles.

By the time i started watching, he was already the GOAT. The last few years have been the "gentleman" racing that MM kinda threw on its head....I hope the next few years will be better.

16. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

Welkom, South Africa in 2000 is worth watching!

17. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Schwantz versus Rainey at Hockenheim 1991.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

" I saw GOD then braked fukiiiiin hahahahaha that was awsome

19. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Only goes back to 1992. So far I've watched Laguna 92, 06, 08 and Assen 06. Going for Japan 01 right now.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  20. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Find it on YouTube, be worth your time.