1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best glove

Discussion in 'General' started by TRK, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Uncle joke! BOOOOOO! :D

2. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

3. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

My handroids are giving me crazy blisters to the point where I had to tape my hands and use my old backup gloves. I really like them and they fit great so I'll give them one more try but if they kill my hands again I'll have to move on.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You're right, mine did that too. I never realized it was a glove thing potentially. I just figured I was holding on too tight, doing something wrong, etc. I just had an epiphany.

5. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

I got that a bit, used tape to solve the issue. Now I like the feel of the tape so much I had continued to do it.

Felt to me like the gloves stretched out a bit and became too big to the point the leather was bunching up under my palms. Went down a size last year and have not had the issue, but still use tape. Eddie, not sure if you encountered that same feeling or not.

6. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

If money was no object I would have picked up a pair of Titans. However, money is a severe object for me so I found a second hand set of Racer R-Safe gloves. The list of features compared to the asking price is impressive. I found the fit to be very similar to my old GP Pros.

You just have to look past the goofy logo and brand name...

7. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Taichi have the palm sliders. The're my favorite so far. What is important to me is that the palm doesn't bind up. I hate gloves that stick to the throttle when you go from full throttle to brake due to the folds of leather.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

where were you getting blisters?

9. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Right below the fingers on the palm side. Usually I get callouses there and no blisters but they didn't even get a chance to harden up, they formed and tore within 3 sessions. I can't pick a smaller size, these fit as tight as a glove can without being too small. I had to tape my hands even with my old gloves because my hands were so messed up I couldn't keep riding. I haven't had hands this bad since I raced MX as a kid.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Holy sh!te. That is another thing. No joke. I thought it was my bum wrist before. Had a couple sketchy times of that happening at Barber and Grattan. Pucker factor, 100.

This thread has been enlightening.

:beer:

11. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Another vote for the RS Taichi gloves. I am really picky about gloves and these are by far the best I've ever had. Felt great right out of the box, still feel great now. No bunching in the palm. Never think about em. As the others mentioned, now that I think about it my hands and wrists feel better at the end of the day, and I've had no interference with the throttle or brake lever.

12. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Astars have worked great for me and I had a stitch come undone after a crash once and they fixed them for free.

Chris-the new versions do have palm sliders in them but I still have the older GP pro's which have been through hell and held up great.

And for blisters-the trick I've found is baby powder in the gloves. Keeps your hands dry so you are less likely to form blisters, plus keeps your gloves fresh and you can actually get them off after you get back to the pits. I don't remember if I first learned that from off-road or road racing, but I've been doing it for years and works quite well.

13. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Anybody else get bruises on their knuckles from using armored gloves? This has happened with all the armored glove brands I have worn ( I usually where A-Stars). It gets really painful if I ride several classes and multiple practices both days--so much so I carry an ANCIENT pair of non-armored Held gloves to finish out Sunday's with--hoping I don't crash in them. I put on tape--no help.

14. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I think for every pair of gloves, someone has a story of them ripping to shreads. I liked my RS Taichi gloves but they tore in a wreck and I got rashed pretty good. I'd buy them again though as I don't think it was a fault at all in the glove. It was just a shitty crash. One that I wish was still made was the old Moto GP nitrous gloves. I still have a pair that I've crashed in twice that are still in near perfect shape! They weren't expensive either.

15. EngineNoO9

This is why I only wear gloves that have the split knuckle protection. I've never been able to wear A-stars because of this.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Perrons.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Broken wrists are the worst of ambulatory injuries and I empathize (three plates, seven screws, three pins holding the last three inches of my shattered radius together, all bones in the joint otherwise displaced) but I'm gonna poke at ya some, too...
    You woulda been perfectly fine had you filled that offending track with uppercuts. :D

As a PSA, never, Never, NEVER try to catch yourself in a fall. You gotta do a Judo thing or, more correctly, everything is Kung Fu. At the least, tuck those appendages for the initial impact(s).

18. EngineNoO9

Almost wish I was knocked out in my last wreck as I would've gone full limp and probably had nothing more than a knock on the head. It's hard to not instinctually try and catch/protect yourself. That takes practice and skill.

19. Steve R Hunt

Steve R Hunt Member

I didn't come to the conclusion that the glove was loosening up but i was having the problem with a Brand new pair of Held Phantom II size 9 with the finger tip tapping into the bottom of the lever going to the brake. The glove did not seem to break in as much as i thought it would/should. In my case I went to a 9.5 size same glove and it went away instantly, go figure...maybe the larger size gave me just enough extra give that it was easier or more natural to bend my forefinger as i was moving it up going for the brake lever...dont know but I'm totally happy with my 9.5 Helds. By the way I have had 2 previous pairs of Helds over the previous 10 years in size 9 and loved them???. PS: the barely used size 9 Held Phantom IIs are in the classified section for sale.

20. caferace

caferace No.

Yup. 1000%

-jim