1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best glove

Discussion in 'General' started by TRK, Jul 19, 2015.

1. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Just curious as to what everyone thinks is the best glove money can buy.......protection wise. I damaged my hand in a pretty bad in a crash and I am looking for some input protect my surgically repaired hand once I get back on the track.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Do a search. There's been glove threads on here recently.

3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Gloves are like helmets and boots.. everyone has a preference for fit and feel. Me personally prefer the Handroid. Helds are also very popular.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Buncha newbs, it's been proclaimed here time and time again, ******s are the best! :D

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Knox Handroids

Only glove out there that I know of that protects my hand and my fingers from flying rocks/debris. I broke a finger at the TT one year with lesser gloves that didnt have finger protection from a rock flying up!

6. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

:):):):):):)'s

7. :stupid:

Been racing in Handroids since 2009 (after sustaining bad hand/wrist injuries when I crashed in something else and went looking for the best protection).

The Handroids offer the best protection IMO and the kangaroo palm is comfortable and provides great feel..

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And you know if Broome approved it, money was no object ... And neither were looks. :D

9. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

My A* GP Pro's have served me well. Some have complained about the stitching coming out but I've never had an issue.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i wasn't a fan of the heroic stuff early on.. and don't wear the leathers.. but i have to admit, the heroic gloves are the best i have ever worn. And i have had a LOT of gloves. Yes. crash tested too. Doubt i wear anything else, and i don't get em free.

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I'm running the ha droids which I've crashed in three times. I think they've held up pretty well with no injuries. I do find them a bit gimmicky and do get a bit frustrating getting them on. The Velcro strap at the wrist always wants to come out when you put them on. I did also have an issue when new causing a pressure point on my right hand which made the smallest fingers go numb. That did go away with break in though. Not sure whether I'd buy them again.

12. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a pair of ****** for a while now but their site only has sizes 7,8 and 14. Any news if they're sold out or is something else going on with them?

13. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas
    Held?

14. If you are talking about how the velcro strap comes out of that metal loop (which is hard to get back in with gloves on), mine do that too. The trick is to go ahead and join the velcro with it as big/open as it can go.

Loosen it up as much as it can while still being able to mate the velcro straps. Then slide it on. Then you can tighten the velcro if needed. If you go ahead and connect the velcro you won't have to worry about the strap pulling through the metal ring.

And I also remove that plate on the back of the palm as soon as I get them. It just pops in place and can be removed easily. That plate is the only "gimmicky" thing about them IMO and it is easy to take off.

15. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

Shannon - I have had Helds for years. Great protection and really well made, but the latest version didn't fit me well and gave me huge blisters. I just switched to RS Taichi.
    g

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I really like the Taichi gloves and I came from the Handroids. Been wearing them for a couple years now. They have the same wrist "protection" mechanism without the BOA ratchet system.

17. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Comfort-wise, my A* GP Pro's are still my favorite. A seam opened up in the left pinkey after 2 crashes, and A* repaired them, no charge.

I wear Held Titans now, and they've been crash tested once with great results. The titanium knuckle plate flew off while riding, and Held wouldn't replace it because the gloves were over a year old (they were un-crashed at this point). I was a bit disappointed in that... gloves are great though.

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Really? I tried them twice years back and they were pretty uncomfortable, which I found surprising, given how much I love the Supertech boots.

Maybe they've changed recently ..

19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I like the A*s GP Pro gloves and I always seem to destroy gloves and a helmet in my crashes. Love the fit of the A*s GP Pro on me and they've protected my hands pretty good considering I'm a hand crasher my nature. Flip side is I can't wear their Super Tech boots, they just don't fit me right but their SMX Plus boots fit me great as do all their street oriented boots.

Which model Taichi race glove are you using Eddie? I may give them a try next go around.

20. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Yeah - I dig'm. I got these in 2011. My hands are noticeably cooler in the A*'s too.

They've been semi-retired to street/rain duty now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015