1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies' WSBK in High Resolution

Discussion in 'General' started by Revenant.Eagle, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't think there would have been a problem with that at all.

2. caferace

caferace No.

Nope.

-jim

3. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

well, you might've been slapped w/ a repost... (see post #2)

4. caferace

caferace No.

:D

-jim

5. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

If I walk by the receptionist's desk at my work and she has a jar of mints sitting out for everyone to have for free, would it be stealing if I took one of those mints and handed it to a co-worker that I knew needed a mint, but they weren't aware that the mints at the front desk were available?

6. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

If you claimed to be the source of said mints and gave no credit to the receptionist....

Yes.

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If the mints were copywritten and you agreed in Terms of Service that you wouldn't offer them, then, yes, you would be stealing.

8. Were the mints purchased from Costco?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think the problem is that he grabbed a couple of handfuls and placed them in a bowl on his desk. So the receptionist is a little offended. :D

10. random hero

random hero Banned

I still don't understand... he stated in his first post he came accross these pics on a different forum! Where do you guys get he's claiming these are his pics, he took these pics?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was the simple fact he took the pics and put them into a zip file you could get from him. That has been taken care of and the issue is no longer about the original poster at all - only all the others arguing that theft is fine.

12. random hero

random hero Banned

never caught onto the zip file.... gotcha now:up:

13. Game

Game zip tie master

Copyrights... are Overrated :D
    :Poke:
    :Pop:
    If i can copy and paste it, it's mine! j/k j/k .. but really.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good question, the results and stats are all public given out by the sanctioning body. The pictures I'm not sure about. They look like standard press release fodder so I never really thought about it.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It's not the linking that is bad as these are tagged for public view nor that he found them on another. It's the "here, I downloaded and zipped 'em up for everybody."

David

17. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

My only observation...The photo's are not caferacers to begin with, so he himself has created a hub of copy written material as well through flickr...

They are from here:
    http://www.alexphoto.it/ing/index.asp

cats,kettles...black....everyone just stop taking pics.

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

:up:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very interesting. Cafe?

20. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Nah, just take her to dinner :)