1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies' WSBK in High Resolution

Discussion in 'General' started by Revenant.Eagle, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Revenant.Eagle

Revenant.Eagle What turn was it?

2. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

3. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

somebody dinged up the tail of the bike! :p

4. caferace

caferace No.

Considering those are images I put up, under copyright, do you think it's a good idea to come here on the WERA board where I hang out and announce that you've offered them up yourself?

-jim

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

hehehehe... :D

6. caferace

caferace No.

He might want to read the first paragraph of his hosting providers T.O.S.

[​IMG]

-jim

7. Revenant.Eagle

I didn't see the other thread, I simply found the link on another forum. I didn't even know that you hang around these parts, otherwise I certainly wouldn't have posted it.

I'll pull the zip.

8. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

So as long as you dont get caught its cool to steal from others?

9. Revenant.Eagle

:crackhead:

I wasn't stealing. I made no money off of this, I even linked to the original flickr page.

I don't understand why everyone is having an issue with this. I can understand if I was saying this was my own work and didn't give a link to the original page.

Its all taken care of anyway.

10. styles

styles The untrained eye

I don't see the big deal either but whatev.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a big deal because it's effectively passing around stolen property. Pictures aren't something that is free to everyone just because they saw it on the internet.

12. random hero

random hero Banned

Just curious... but the pics were loaded up on flickr or photobucket, it's not like the guy is keeping them under lock & key. And the original poster never claimed these were pics he took.... I don't get it either, unless these pics were not suppose to be leaked, and now they're being passed around. And not to be a dick, but they're pics of spies bike, not of Megan Fox's juice box..... lets be realistic here

Something else, is the flickr account these pics loaded up on public, or a private account somebody hacked into?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter where they're located - they are his property. Copyrights are copyrights - no matter how much you want to ignore it.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm having trouble of wrapping my head around stealing something that is available for free, but to each his own I suppose.

If the pic are so precious you're worried about somebody "stealing" them, don't post them up or put a water mark on them.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are available to look at for free, they are not available to do anything else with without the permission of the owner.

16. random hero

random hero Banned

Im not aware of what else was done? I thought the guy just posted the link to some nice pics?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That end has been handled and it's more a discussion of what is legal/right or not at this point.

18. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

there is an option with flickr to not allow downloads or to limit them to friends only.

if someone doesn't want their property to be passed around, there are avenues available.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or people could just not be thieves. Why is this so hard for so many of you to understand?

I don't like thieves, I don't condone stealing.

20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member