1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bar Whips WTF!

Discussion in 'General' started by colin96, Apr 22, 2013.

1. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Ok I've noticed a trend here in Tejas with the Harley guys and the vest wearing sport bike guys too.

They have a long bull whip looking braided leather Strip hanging from the bar down to the ground.

A couple have the sense enough to hang it from the clutch side, as if that safe at all. But the seriously defective ones have one hanging from the brake lever!!!!!!!

It's so long it drags the ground.

I mean the consequences if that gets tangled on or into something even on the bike are obvious to me, but are these guys that effin stupid???

What gives with these guys?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's pretty badass!

Attached Files:

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Answered your own question :D

4. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Yep that STUPID

5. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

The front brake lever never ever gets used anyway so you might as well hang some shit from it. Way to make use of that decorative brake lever. :up:

6. ton

ton Arf!

is that the motorcycle version of Russian roulette? what is the point even from a fashion perspective?

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Maybe they're playing "Road Rash" for real on the street. :D
    (BTW, why does he have "For The Win" on his helmet?)

8. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the prank, ride up next to your buddy and hit his kill switch. Instead you ride up, grab the handle, slight tug, send buddy flying.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Fuck the World?

Surprised he's wearing a helmet.. Freedom and all that....

10. just a tether for his denium airbag...

or just natural selection. either way.

11. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Sort of like sportbike riders running slicks on the street.

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Probably a helmet law state.

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

:D The way I always read it. Had to Google it last year because "Fuck the World" seemed out of context for some of the posts in here. That's when I found out about "For the Win".
    I live in a nice little affluent white bread town. One day I saw one of the local Yuppies on his Harley. He was immaculately dressed in his biker garb, right down to his jeans that still had creases. I was rather amused that he chose to put "FTW" on his brain bucket.

14. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I was thinking from the bar end to dampen vibration. But from the brake lever is nuts.

15. Prolog

Prolog Cantstandya

I used to live in Austin and I'v seen my share of squiddies, it's even worse here in VA. Have you ever seen a stretched Ninja 250?! Anyways, I only see them as self loathing dbags who don't have a proper clue on what sport bikes are meant for. To make it even worse their is always a pretty hot chick on the back on the bike =/ But, let them be.... Right into a guard rail through the trees and right into the Guadaloupe river.

16. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

If that thing got wrapped up in the front wheel it would beat you to death as you crashed. Dumbasses

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

More proof that some bikers have limited intelligence -

Coming back from dropping the track trailer in the storage yard this evening, I was passed in heavy traffic by about 15 bikes (all but one were various sport bikes, the one was a sportster) weaving through heavy traffic and lane splitting (that's illegal here) at about 20MPH above the usual 15 over the limit pace. A guy on an SV, trying to keep up nearly smacked the rear end of an 18 wheeler right in front of me.

I have no illusions as to how stupid some bikers are.

18. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Back seat drivers handles?

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Reigns?

20. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Remember: Half the population is below average.....