1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagger Blast off

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

370k views on the bagger race and almost double on the highlights.

compare that to a SBK race ....

i guess it worked to promote road racing.

SpeedyE, Wingnut, R1M370 and 2 others like this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It's a weird platform for racing so it got attention. But the Covid thing probably had a bigger influence. Hell motogp was on regular nbc tv earlier this year and when was the last time that happened?

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It’s been on NBCSN all year, with my provider.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes of course but it was on NBC here at least once and of course other times on the NBCSN

ducnut likes this.
  5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

So I guess this is becoming a regular thing?

Screenshot_20201219-111838.png

Phl218 likes this.
  6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I mean....

hell yeah! :crackup:

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I guess that means there may be a few more professional rides available this year. A place to show some skills and be available when needed.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Sandbaggers...

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

There's big companies throwing money at it and it got big views during the first race, so it's smart to jump in with both feet for motoamerica.
    There's always been a disconnect with racers and what they want at races and what they want to see race, the problem is that they are going to be at the races or watch the races regardless so it doesn't make any sense to cater to them. This is different and for a different a crowd and it obviously worked.

10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Personally not a fan of baggers at all.
    But if it helps bring more people out to watch and others aftermarket companies and brands to MA then you have my support.
    Now if we could just get them to wheelie more during the race that would be helpful.
    Lol.

Steven

11. They need to modify the rules obviously to make for some actual good racing, as long as they do that he’ll yeah. It’s more bikes on the grid with money that wouldn’t be there due to the demographics of the bagger. Well most of the money wouldn’t be spent on road racing, I can’t say all. If it brings more viewers, asses in the socially distance seats and maybe gets another demographic interested in racing go for it. Even if you don’t like the class we should all try to help ale it successful for the good of the overall sport. I would prefer twins with side cars though.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

They should race them straight off the showroom floor. Stock errrythang. Maybe throw some k591 Elites on em.

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

front and rear suspension only mod allowed, then let them rip!!

14. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Yeah.. floorboards all the way!

ajcjr likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Draggin' hard parts...

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Can't help but wonder how those bikes will fare at Road America. I don't imagine those engines are intended to be held WFO for extended periods of time. But that's way over my head. I also expected that navigating the corkscrew was going to land half the field on its head so I suppose they'll probably figure it out.

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Happy to see forced induction is still allowed, why is Indian allowed more displacement if running forced than HD?

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Makes total sense to have a race in Harley's home state and at a location large enough where good crowds can be had. If they blow up. they blow up :D

renegade17 and badmoon692008 like this.
  20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Still no Honda, Triumph, BMW, Yamaha(STAR), or Moto Guzzi allowed. Meh.

Harley better be paying big for this "showcase". Even if Indian is probably going to kick their ass, just like flat track.