1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagger Blast off

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

2. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Chris Ulrich doing the two-up ride around Laguna Seca

Attached Files:

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Lol, “ I’m excited to show what the motorcycle is capable of”

judging by that preliminary pic, there won’t be much left stock on these bikes.

that being said, I’m totally gonna watch

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They seriously limited the field with that V-twin stipulation. I'm betting an equally fettered Rocket III would make them cry.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If you are doing that, might as well throw in the Goldwing bagger version or K1600B. My money would be on the latter.

stk0308 likes this.
  6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

How would a V-Max stand up to the others?

7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

As far as a proper bagger goes, that BMW would smoke the fuck out of V-Twins. Rode one recently, very cool.

The Multistrada would still be my pick...lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. turbulence

As much of a fan as I am of the Multi... looks at garage.. wait, mines been in the shop for 4 months...

The new bmw s1000xr would be my pick for lap times.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4 months? It's not August yet, why that long?

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Looking at that S&S shop photo, it looks like they are making a big effort to get suspension that works, swingarm angle, and the weight /cg raised up. That’s cheating, LOL, I was hoping we’d see lowered bikes, with negative swingarm angles, close to no suspension travel, damping tube right side up forks, all that trick stuff you see on street baggers. Shoot, these guys are building race bikes!

badmoon692008 and Monsterdood like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, it’s not a bagger, so.........

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

What a stupid investment to make building these for a 1 off race. This is going to eliminate the actual "shops" that wanted to compete.

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

How about the Yammie...that's a twin right?

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I just looked that one up. The STAR Venture, and Eluder. I don't know how hot those motors can be made. It certainly SEEMs like it fits the mold. But, since it's not a 'murican brand, I wonder if they would be allowed?

15. turbulence

supposedly back ordered parts for leaking ohlins forks

that i noticed 4 days out of warranty

:confused:

16. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Seeing the S&S shop photo with 0hlins forks, and swingarm mods and mention of 17 inch wheels (and presumably, slicks) reminds me of that scene in the movie “Casablanca” when Claude Rains as Captain Renault turns to Bogart and says “Rick, Rick, I’m shocked! There’s gambling going on here!” Except here it’s “I’m shocked! there’s real race prep going on here, and real race dollars being spent.” Someone once told me that racers will spend whatever it takes to win, and “speed costs money—how fast do you want to go?” This applies double to some sponsors too—how many S&S parts or engines would a win sell?

This promises to be a little like NASCAR, and remember, Rule #1 in NASCAR is, don’t fall behind in your cheating! I think it is beginning to sound really very interesting, can’t wait to watch. I doubt anyone serious is going to bring a knife to a gunfight.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

What’s the rule set? Does a multi qualify? I have to believe it would dominate.

18. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

19. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to watch, indeed. Wouldn't mind having one for the street. It's a stealth weapon for places like the Tail of the Dragon.

20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Fuel in the frame?

You know,if you are just reverse engineering a Buell