1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backmakers and MotoGP

Discussion in 'General' started by Chand, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You know those nerdy kids that can't do anything athletic so they talk huge trash on xbox live?

That's Boner on a motorcycle. It's the only place in the world where he isn't a bitch. That and horse races.

2. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

It was PRACTICE. Not possible to "lap" someone in practice. But you all knew that already.
    Bautista was cruising at the end of the session and was on or very close to the racing line as Stoner was on a flying lap. A gesture was made a gesture was returned. They both looked like idiots.

The slowest rider, Ellison, was 5 seconds down on the fastest. It's a 2 minute track. Lappers won't be a problem. And if they are then so what it's part of racing.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Clearly somebody thought they had enough business out there to fund the adventure. Backmarkers, lappers, .....call them what you will; they bring as much to the sport as the guys lucky/talented enough to be on factory rides.
    What if WERA banned everyone that got lapped? Or any race org, for that matter?!

My only concern is this; I've seen what some club level guys are willing to do to lappers for that POS litttle plaque, what is a guy making boat loads of money & a world championship at stake willing to do?

4. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

Well either I am a freakin idiot or some of you are.... this was NOT a race. it was Practice.. repeat that. Practice.. and during practice bikes do NOT all start out at the same time off of a grid.. they often stagger a bit (or a lot).. and they come in for adjustments, etc... DUH... So faster and slower riders cross paths... happens at every practice I have ever seen... geeesh...

And in my "new racers class" I was clearly taught that the guy in front needs to stay on his line and it was the responsibility of the passer to NOT hit the guy in front.. heck they do NOT have mirrors and do not always know someone is behind them..

Sign me, that idiot...

Ron

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Where's that Allen Iverson picture?

6. :stupid:

Exactly.

7. :clap: :D

8. An "error"? I always thought it was a race. Or a competition. Or fun.

Using the logic of some people, everyone who doesn't finish in the top 8-10, or who KNOWS they arent going to finish in the top 8-10 before the race even begins...shouldnt even show up.

Think shit is bad now? Imagine how bad the sport will get if all of the grids are reduced to about 8-10 bikes.

The best part of the Moto2 races is that the battling goes all the way back to 35th place. But you know what, even those guys get lapped. Short of a race where there were only 5-6 bikes, i can't remember a race where somebody didn't get lapped. On TV or IRL. So all of those guys should just give up?

I have been lapped before. I imagine 90% of this board (those of whom actually race) have been lapped at some point or another. Using the ridiculous logic of some people, after being lapped that 90% should have just given up and stayed home so they didn't interfere with the "scheme of the race" in the future. :rolleyes:

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It's clearly the 1000's fault.... : p

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Mot from the way the discussions on here go. There are no lappers on the wera bbs.

11. It is easy to say "everyone should be on pace" when you are one of the faster guys...or you work with/crew chief one of the faster guys. But how did those guys get to be the faster guys...by practice, seat time and hard work. So if you aren't one of the faster guys (or aren't working with one of the faster guys), you should just pack your shit up and go home?

Could you as a crew chief go up to your rider after practice/qualifying and say "you aren't fast enough and might get lapped, fuck this. Come on, lets pack up the trailer. You aren't racing today".

How many people do you know lost 50+ fucking pounds in the 4 month offseason, during the holidays?...while watching/studying race footage for a minimum of 2hrs every single day in between extensive, puke-inducing workouts? I would bet a damn paycheck that few people are as driven and have put in the work, training and dedication to their program as I have. But i am also at a serious experience deficit to 70% of the paddock. Not to mention i am trying to learn/get used to a new bike, new tires and a completely revamped riding style....all at once. So it is highly likely i will be off the pace of the fastest guys, especially in this transition period. But I WILL get there.

So in the meantime, I should just stay at the damn house because im off pace? Hold your damn breathe on that one. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  12. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

....coming from a man who knows about being passed by "faster" riders:Poke:!

13. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

yep Chris, you should just stay home and quit wasting your time and money-NOT!!!!!
    looking forward to racing with you again. see you at the track!
    tim

14. Blu Flag

Blu Flag Well-Known Member

An untended benefit could be more opportunity for races in races. FIM should have reviewed and upgraded their blue flagging rules. Especially since the incident at the end of last year in Moto2.

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Stoner's a little biatch...

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Wait, let me get my protest signs...

"Occupy Race Line!"

"I am the backmarker 99%!"

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Shit- I've not been off the podium in 3 race weekends this year, & I've been lapped every race!

(ninja 250! Last bikes on the grid, & usually 2nd wave. We usually get our race cut short a lap by the Moriwakis)

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Once upon a time, in an era long, long ago, if you were lapped by the leader(s) you were black flagged.

Worked fine until riders who realized that their race was about to be over started to try blocking the lappers.

UGLY.

You paid your money, you get to try to qualify. You qualify, you get to race. First riders' school I ever went to, in `72 or `73, they stressed HOLD YOUR LINE when you are being passed. Do NOT try to get out of the way. It is up to THE PASSER to get around you.

Let it be said. Let it be written. Let it be so.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

OBTW, I've raced Spencer, Polen, Edwards, Spez and a number of other folks.

And I've been lapped by most of `em.

20. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Likewise, I've been in races with Polen, Russell, Adamo, Cathcart, Springsteen, Church, and a number of other famous folks.

I won't claim to have been racing them, tho. :crackup: