1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backmakers and MotoGP

Discussion in 'General' started by Chand, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

Stoner already got into with one of the backmarkers and this was only practice...

This is going to be scary!!!!:eek::eek:

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Stoner's a princess, and needs to learn that he doesn't own the track and that if someone else can qualify for the race, they have every bit as much of a right to be in it as he does.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Bro-man, I was told that these fellers are perfessionals and that this type of stuff would not, could not and won't happen. So take it from me.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who wants to pass the hat to buy He who can not be named a one race entry with a CRT team?

5. eggfooyoung

Well, currently, he's the king. But who's counting?

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I'll put in a dollar, but you have to make sure the hat is slightly too big, so he can tuck his ears in.

7. Agreed.

Same thing goes for every level.

Im sure it isnt a popular feeling, but i dont even think there should be blue flags. Any time there is a sport that makes a continues circle, there are going to be backmarkers. Get over it.

Backmarkers are part of the sport. You either use them to your advantage, plan strategies and use them to block your competition, or you get hung up by them. If you didnt get through them cleanly, that is your fault.

They might be racing for 17th, but they paid a ton of money, traveled across the country or world and put in the same blood, sweat and tears that you did so they could battle for that 17th. Your time is no more important than theirs.

I get tired of hearing people cry about "he got in my way". :rolleyes: He didnt get in your way, you just didnt get by him good enough. He is racing and deserves to be on the racing line just like you do.

8. eggfooyoung

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I agree with you, but I'm not against the idea of blue flags at the professional level to at least give a heads up to backmarkers that anything from a faster cat to a full-on battle may be coming through.

10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Someone got lapped in practice?

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. Would love to see you and Ludington debate this :crackup:

Backmarkers are part of the sport. You either use them to your advantage, plan strategies and use them to block your competition, or you get hung up by them. If you didnt get through them cleanly, that is your fault.

They might be racing for 17th, but they paid a ton of money, traveled across the country or world and put in the same blood, sweat and tears that you did so they could battle for that 17th. Your time is no more important than theirs.

I get tired of hearing people cry about "he got in my way". :rolleyes: He didnt get in your way, you just didnt get by him good enough. He is racing and deserves to be on the racing line just like you do.

.02[/QUOTE]

12. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It wasn't a backmarker, it was Bautista.

13. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Coming to a TV or computer near you!

14. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

The commentators had a good point during the practice sessions. It was only in the past few years (fewer than 10 or so) that most of the riders have been fast enough that nobody got lapped. In the decades of racing before coming up on back markers has always been part of the sport. It's nothing really new and certain riders need to quit their crying.

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Maybe they need to cut the cutoff % back a bit. If you cant stay on the lead lap, well....

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

How can I put this....total bullshit! I don't want to see a race decided because of some rider who had no business out there in the first place.

17. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

What's the difference between getting caught up in a back marker and leaving a clamp on a fueling line or having a rider crash into you? It's all in the race environment so why shouldn't they adapt to it?

18. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

yep..lets make the fields even smaller.That will attract even more casual fans

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I think they'll further restrict the prototype bikes before they do this.