1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATVs run amok in Nashville for the second day in a row

Discussion in 'General' started by E Reed, Mar 19, 2019.

1. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

I had a guy from Atl texting me saying he'd give me full price and 500 bucks to deliver from NC. He said he was buying for his son. He wouldn't meet me anywhere but his house. Wouldn't give a deposit. He also said his "son" said he wanted to ride it before he paid just in case anything was wrong with it. I told him to forget it because it sounded like a scam. A week or so later I had some business in Atl so I text him and said if you're still interested, I'll bring it with me.(against my better judgement but I wanted to believe in the inherent goodness of man and I was being paranoid) I got the address and he said his son would be waiting outside. When driving in the neighborhood, it was perfect for a grab and go. Undeveloped and secluded. I pull in front of the house. It looks abandoned. I call, no answer. I got a text saying g he is at his friends and will be right there. This kid, 6ft 2 300 plus lbs, comes walking down the street. Welp, this kid ain't no moto kid like dad said. He walks up and says, yeah, it's real clean. My dad said I could ride it first. I said lemme hold 500 and show me the rest of the cash. He pulls out a few hundred and says i got the money. I felt like I was in my cousin Vinny. Wheres the rest?
    It's at my friends house.
    Ok, let me see your DL.
    It's at my friends house too.
    Ok man, go to your friends house get your money and some ID that says you live here and we'll do the deal. He walked off and I never saw him again.
    Afterward, I thought how lucky I was that I didnt get jumped and all my shit robbed. No I didnt have my gun. I got halfway there and remembered what I left home! I called the cops to report it. They said they had a big problem in the area with dirt bike and 4wheeler thefts.