1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn car salesmen

Discussion in 'General' started by Funkm05, Apr 11, 2021.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

tis why you rent...lol

BigBird likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I always had a fantasy of renting a 700HP Hellcat or Mustang and doing a trackday. Wonder if people can still get away with doing that?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

I guess youd have to read the fine print & understand what the supplemental coverages do. Back when transams came with LSs I had rented one for a week and installed a dry kit to hit some T&Ts & street races to cheer up a friend. :) More recently rented a turbo mustang but it didnt have the track pack option and had all season tires.:) Strafffed around TX hill country for a few days.

motion likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No...they can look at where the car is located and what it is doing at any time if they have their shit together. Some of them will email the rental agentcy the moment you pass threw the track gates...

motion likes this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Where is our resident oil man ? He hasn't posted in a while.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He's been ultra-busy working on some new well, sleeping 3-4 hours a night.

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

That’s a good night’s sleep for the Broomster.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, shit, you're right. I went back and looked at his message. That was how much he had slept over the past week! He said he could count the number of hours on one hand.

That was a couple of weeks ago.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Inventory is piling up at a certain gun shop

Gorilla George and Senna like this.
  10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

A replacement V10 would be cheaper and 10x easier to locate. We warned him it was the highest mileage we had ever seen on one [65k haha]

BigBird likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought you lived in Florida? I actually owned a house in Austin for about 5 years and I've never been to Texas Hill country. I hear it is nice, but since you have seen California roads and Texas Hill country, how does it compare?

Shit that sounds just like me.....other than the well shit!

LOLOLOL

You know that salesman is explaining to his wife why his commissions have recently dropped.

13. TurboBlew

yes I live in FL but Im not in prison here...lol.
    Hill country is kind of nice actually, especially out by Lake LBJ...
    I like to visit and unwind... Never under any pressure to get anything done.
    I hadnt been until ~2011 about the same time COTA was being constructed... My cousin has his wedding venue
    at some place in Hill Country. The facility was fabulous... probably an hour from downtown Hyatt on the water.
    We spent 10 days there and I did as much as I could. It would be a great area for adventure riding.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

IL has adopted the same taxation scheme as CA. Residents are pissed, but, will continue to stay there and boil in the pot.

15. Boman Forklift

Well one more reason to never move back. Not that I wanted to, move back, other than having family there. I would rather try and make some real good money somehow and buy my parents and sister a house closer to me, but at my current run rate, that’s a pipe dream.

ducnut likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Practice and good people he can trust is my guess.

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Where are you from in IL? I’m from the western burbs.

18. Boman Forklift

Well for you I’m from another planet...LOL. I lived in Washington which is a suburb of Peoria. My dad worked for Caterpillar, blue collar for 31 years.

My future son in law is from the western burbs, Cary, or is that too far to be called the burbs?

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. I grew up in Batavia, which is about as far west as it gets for the burbs. It's about 30 miles directly south from Cary.