1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn car salesmen

Discussion in 'General' started by Funkm05, Apr 11, 2021.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was reading on heavy equipment financing... the sellers make you buy their insurance package to get the best terms. On an $89,000 unit its around $4,000...
    I think there are 96 month terms on vehicles...
    I know they sell motorhomes on 20 year terms...lol.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll just fix my antuque junk. After 15 years something finally broke. Time for a new Tremec in the useless over powered pickup.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My wife's credit union offers them to their subprime borrowers. All vehicles in that program come with a GPS somehow directly wired to the ignition.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

We have around 350 employees at any given time. That for sure is a lot of cars to sell, but the more mind boggling part to me is our service dept. Its the largest Ford service dept in the United States, and there's only about 20k people in this town. Add in Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram service and its really hard to believe. Last time I checked we had around 100 technicians and we normally write about 7000 service RO's every month. That to me trumps the cars we sell. Body shop is probably the biggest in the state(we have the contract for Atlanta police dept) and also the state police car contract for Dodge Chargers. Add in true commercial units we build here on site too and its really a crazy operation. One man still runs it all....pretty unbelievable.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, just like when they star
    Like I said before, I would love to work there just to learn the right way to do things. I don't think as big as this man has already become. Very impressive what you guys have going on there.

Kris87 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Brad or you? :D

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Brad....don't know how he does it.

8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Speaking of cars....anyone have a line on a 4.2L v8 for an Audi R8? One we sold decided pistons are over rated and destroyed one and the block. New installed is $40k lol

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

like they say...pay to play....just upgrade it to the v10 :)

10. TurboBlew

I would be looking at converting it to battery powered or become acquainted with a service manual to rebuild...lol.

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

LS swap!

SuddenBraking and scottn like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Broome is organizing a party to hunt you down as we speak.

How are you going to turbocharge an electric car, or will your new name be ElecticBlew? Even though the marketing geniuses at Porsche have a turbo Electric car, regular guys like us know how stupid that marketing concept is.

Gorilla George and TurboBlew like this.
  13. TurboBlew

lmao... must have been the test ride I took on a segway 260 that has me looking at EV conversions. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a clean and older project to start playing around with components and kits available.
    Like an old quad cab dakota or some midsized pickup and put batteries in the front & back along with a motor at each wheel. Getting rid of the fuel stuff and go full EV would be an interesting journey.
    Id want to do something that allows in motion charging like the segways or to use Teslas superchargers.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

when i had the hemi charger in AZ, there was a bunch of teslas at the charger...i made sure to give them some nice exhaust sounds...they all looked like sad people waiting for their cars to charge

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

It's funny at least some of the real Tesla fan boys don't like the engine noise. We have very close friends that own two Tesla Model S's, they just bought a 2021 and for sure he drinks the Tesla flavored koolaid. When I told him my wife bought the AMG partially because it sounded so cool, he was surprised. Too him engine sound is a bad thing.

His wife, who owned a Porsche Cayman and recently just sold it, has a deposit on the Tesla roadster that is coming out. I can't remember if she has it on the 200k or 250K model? Anyway she likes sports cars, but told me the thing that even excites her more about the roadster is the range which I think she said is around 600 miles.

Funny how we are all different.

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  16. TurboBlew

If only you had a dixie horn...lol A buddy of mine told me that a bunch of Hellcat owners were permanently banned from Cars & Coffee events for the parade of smoke & tire abuse they displayed leaving an event. Lmao...

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Dodge even in just the Hemi has adjustable launch control from 2-3K RPM and a 0 to 60 timer, 0 to 100, 1/4 mile timers all in the dash, highest top speed, etc. they make it so easy to want to kill the rear tires

Boman Forklift and TurboBlew like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Well when you have a big pig of a car, with Dodge build quality, that won’t handle worth a damn, and weighs 2 tons, you have to go with what you’re good at, straightline speed baby!!!

With those built-in timers, I know if I had one, I’d be punishing those tires too.

BigBird likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

not sure how long those rental tires will last :crackup:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I will admit, they sound pretty bad ass when they rip by on the highway.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.