1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T Presents "You make the call".

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Sep 10, 2018.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, watched it a 4th time, yep, the outside rider 'could' have been more defensive, turned wide to avoid, and probably would have STILL went down when they ran off the track on the loose stuff.

younglion likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4 pages of BS and not one pic. Place is disgraceful these days.

Pixelator and Banditracer like this.
  3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It definitely was a bad/mistake line and not something riders would expect, fully agree with Knotcher here. I just think it's still Rider Behind's responsibility to react, but shit happens and sometimes it happens real fast.

K51000 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, push come to shove I'd never place blame based on this video. Argue a bit, sure :D

Pixelator and busa99 like this.
  5. Inside rider tried to make the pass then realized he was out of talent. Without knowing more details or reading this entire thread to see what turn it is at what track unless it’s some crazy double apex he should’ve stayed on his inside line.

Final verdict : racing incident

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

To me it almost looks like rider ahead misjudged the corner entry in an attempt to get the inside pass made and was probably afraid of clipping the grass line/pavement edge.

Panic last-second correction resulted in running out wide very quickly and taking up any real-estate the rider behind though they had available.......

7. joec

joec brace yourself

It looks like a double Apex corner. So you're to be going and out.

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It can be, but that isn't the Apex.

pscook and joec like this.
  9. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

That looks a lot like turn 2 at Pacific Raceways (SIR) and there are MANY lines into that corner, as I found out in riders school (again).

IMHO, if you can see the bike on the inside on the camera, it is the responsibility of the person on the camera bike to make the pass safely. Obviously that did not happen. The person on the camera bike was on the 'preferred' line, but I have been inside and outside of that line and both work fine due to the nature of the next corner.

I hope everyone involved gets to race again.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is Pacific Raceway the same as Seattle International?

11. Knotcher

Yes.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool.

13. Knotcher

It's a fun place to go fast. It's quite the puzzle.

14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the walls or the trees. :eek:

My son did a few trackdays there but never raced there.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

OK, that's funny.
    Its a massive stretch to say the outside rider was passing anything. I'm pretty sure he just got broomed and that's all there is to it.

SuddenBraking and younglion like this.
  16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I've ran a bazillion laps around Pacific/SIR and I'd have to say that if I were the camera bike I'd be PISSED.

Inside rider cooked in there too tight and too hot - ONE of those you can get away with but not both. Once they realized said situation, they made no attempt to continue into the corner which is what you'd think racers will do as typically we don't just all run off the edge of the track like lemmings at the first corner of each race. Standing it up like that left camera bike really nowhere to go - if they picked it up in that split second they would have also ran off track and that is NOT a fun place to be at 80 mph.

T2 is a very typical corner, nothing overly complicated about it. On a 600 you brake from 155mph down to 80-85mph, 6th down to 3rd gear with a wide/outside entry - clip the inside of the track, drift out anywhere from 8-9' like in Eli's video mid corner, then pull it back in tight for the second apex where you grab a gear or two and shit your pants heading downhill into a seriously tight hairpin (thankfully it has a ton of camber).

Sucks for both riders obviously, I just have a hard time assigning any fault to the rider who was passed.

17. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

If the rider who ran up the inside and had the line had held that line and then tucked the front (collecting the passed rider on the outside), would that be any different? Just curious... The outside is always a gamble no matter how you end up there.

Ducti89 and tophyr like this.
  18. Knotcher

No reason to tuck the front when running 10 seconds off pace.

Jedb, Pixelator, pscook and 1 other person like this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Wish I'd have known that when I was in Novice, woulda saved me 2 crashes! :crackup:

20. joec

joec brace yourself

Everyone is a novice once.