1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T Presents "You make the call".

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Sep 10, 2018.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

A single rider attempting to avoid a self-made single vehicle incident whose (erroneous) preventative action(s) happened to cause collateral damage.

Rider behind, while committing to the turn, hardly had time to do anything about it, much less reverse the momentum of throwing their bike into the turn.

Who knew the rider ahead would choose the course of action they chose?

Maybe novice plates are yellow to act as a warning...
    "CAUTION! Rider may have absolutely no control over themselves!"

Experts fuck this up, too...but I've only ever witnessed it three times. Novices, otoh, I witness them making it a daily ritual all the time.

busa99 likes this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’m just now getting through this thread and that was my first thought! Holy sheet it’s like they’re on a mini-isle of Mann course...

zrx12man likes this.
  3. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Oh yeah.....one more thing as far as SIR goes........it is more than a little bit BUMPY in some areas.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Youre not doing it right:D

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Both ran out of talent at the wrong time.
    It happens.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

one time a rider crashed out of 5 into 6 and ended up in the bushes on the hill, it took the workers a minute to find him :)

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

When I’m racing, I need to trust and depend on my competitors to be predictable. If they’re not or I don’t know them, I need to give a little more margin so I don’t ass pack the bike in front on corner exit or at the entrance braking point. I might be slower and it’s less fun, but you have to give yourself outs if you want to stay in this game.

That being said, the inside rider did not make a safe pass. The fish eye lense makes it a little deceiving, but a block pass well off the the inside before the actual apex is actually a dive bomb unsafe pass. A crafty rider might predict that, hesitate a little to let them run wide, and then double pass underneath. Trusting they would make the corner and sticking to your line was a bad idea for the outside rider, but I suspect there wasn’t much time or space to hesitate on the turn in.

So racing incident with the start of the issue being a bad pass attempt up the inside.

badmoon692008, busa99 and younglion like this.
  8. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

My first thought was blue bike tried to make a pretty aggressive block pass coupled with camera bike hoping to return the favor and dive back under on the exit...sometimes things just don’t work out.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Mine too.

10. More I watch that regardless of the passer moving out the rider on the outside turn in on them and should’ve given more room. Seems they checked up a bit judging by the sound but not enough. That corner does look a bit odd and looks like you could double apex it but I must have missed the track map. Someone post a video of that corner at full speed without crashes.
    Regardless this is a definite “racing incident” so no need for SeaBass or anything metallic with a handle that is 3’ long.

11. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It's funny how everyone thinks there's like 2 minutes for the guy on the outside to think about what to do, as a novice at that. From my viewpoint if the outside rider doesn't turn in when he does he goes off track. In that instance you would expect the inside rider to take the turn like normal but a little wide from the tight entry/pass. Outside rider is already out a little wide on entry because of the pass, and boom the inside bike unexpectedly overshoots entry. Bikes touch and the rest is history. Long story short it's your responsibility to complete a pass safely, and it doesn't matter if you're "ahead" because the pass wasn't finished. They were still in the entry phase.

SuddenBraking, busa99 and younglion like this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

There's been multiple maps and videos posted throughout the thread already. Really nothing odd about that corner, it is 100% a double apex corner - taken mid-outside edge of track while braking then trailed into and just past the first apex - the outside rider was on the ideal(ish) entry - the passing rider passed in the only place possible - no harm there, that's what you have to do in that corner BUT, the expectation is that yeah they'll run it deep and wider than usual but still make the corner or at the very least make an attempt at it not stand the bike totally upright and drift back in the opposite direction to the corner entrance.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Where are the pics of the offender so we can make a judgement? God this place is slacking.

14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Serious question: Are there lawsuits involved in racing when one rider takes out another?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure there can be, as we've found out people can sue no matter how baseless their case might be.

Funkm05 likes this.
  16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I can say with near certainty that camera bike rider will not be doing anything of the sort.

17. CausticYarn

I suppose, this is America. We can sue someone for looking at us funny when it was just a stuck fart.

18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It feels a bit odd to post pics of a fellow racer that needs surgery on her wrist from this incident. My .02

19. CausticYarn

I didn't intend to sound like that would happen. It's just a question I have had in my head every time these threads pop up for open analysis.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

upload_2018-9-11_13-7-54.jpeg

Canadian Bacon likes this.