1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use Navage nose flushing thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by zertrider, May 7, 2022.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Looking for unbiased review. I have tried Neti pots in the past, but usually it ends up going down my throat. So this thing looks like a viable option. But not sure it's the real deal.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If I ever meet you, I’ll punch you in the throat since my chances of meeting the cunt in the ads to deliver it in person is slim to none. :moon:

yzfpat likes this.
  3. zertrider

Sooooo, you tired it and didn't find it helpful?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck to the no. I have a functional immune system and understand how it works.

And those “soothing voice” ads full of condescension enrage me. :crackup:

27 and britx303 like this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I have the squirt bottle nasal douche with the little salt packets. It does nice washing crud out on particularly nasty days or after a nose hair trimming:D

beac83 likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what are you trying to flush?? When I had one it seemed kind of hokey the biggest piece of advice is to make the water ~105 degrees.
    I changed my diet from diary and had better success

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don’t take it. I dish it out. ;)

27 likes this.
  8. zertrider

I have seasonal allergies, and have never been able to breathe through both nostrils simultaneously. Ever. Would just be nice to experience breathing like the rest of the population. Figured this may have been worth a try.

9. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Deviated septum ?

10. britx303

NeilMed bottle that I use is a fraction of the cost of navage. I don’t have a seasonal allergies thing per se, but after 25 years working with countless species of exotic woods and the accompanying fine dust at my previous job, my sinuses get irritated and periodically rinsing them out really helps. Seriously, the NeilMed kit is about 10 bucks at a pharmacy/Walmart or 7 from Amazon, so you won’t be out much if it doesn’t help……but I think you might find some relief

Phl218 likes this.
  11. zertrider

Not according to the doctor

12. zertrider

The price isn't what bothers me. If it works I would gladly pay it. But that's IF it works.
    Again, have tried Neti pot, buy that just sends snot down my throat.

13. britx303

I’ve never used a netipot, but looking at pics, it looks like you hold your head to the side. The squeeze bottle, you lean forward and it allows it to flush out through nostrils only unless you open your tract which allows it to flow down your throat.

14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

NeilMed bottle

Desert racing, pollen season in Atlanta, riding in really dusty conditions other than at the front . . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

Gino230 likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The pollen this year got me bad. Normally that shit doesn’t bother me (except at vir for some reason) but holy crap, this year. Finally got the nasty shit to break lose, ears popped, smoked a Marlboro and felt okay again.

anyways, dude I know swears by a combo of the hippy nasal pot, vitamins and so prescription shit. I’ll ask him later today if he’s tried that Navage thing.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Just go faster, Dave! :beer:

83BSA likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So Sheeppinion™
    It is overstated the amount of crap it flushes out.
    It does flush out crap.
    I find it somewhat useful if I have been in a high dust environment or something like painting or insulating.
    First time it takes some getting used to the technique.
    Sometimes its effect is zero.

YMMV

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My cousin gets sinus infections and he uses it, seems to like it.

I go a little more low tech, I just fill a big plastic syringe up with saline and push it in through one nostril and out the other ones it comes. A Neti pot doesn't work for me, I need something that pushes some pressure behind it.

britx303 likes this.
  19. sdg

sdg *

Had one similar. Noisy as hell and not any better than the squeeze bottle. Also, don't overuse them.

20. britx303

That’s what I like about the squeeze bottle. I control the pressure. And I only do it on occasion after a really dusty day or just can’t pick the boogers out good enough :D