1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I get it. We all seem to dig the things that were part of our ealier experiences. I can appreciate that if you grew up on the air cooled 911's that you would see the modern stuff as portly and complicated by comparisson. In a lot of ways that would be correct. By comparisson to the air cooled stuff they are bigger and fatter.

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Great pre-show! Alonso in the R25 and Rossi/Hamilton switching vehicles.

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

991 Turbo S with PDK is easily one of the most bonkers cars I have personally gotten to flog on at the track. It seriously trumps everything I've ever driven and completely changed my outlook on manual transmissions.

"Listen idiot, just smash the gas pedal and point me where you want to go, I'll figure out what gear we need to be in. You need both hands on the wheel anyway."

I LOVE manual transmission cars, but after driving a PDK 911, PDK Cayman GT4, Nissan GTR, and hell, even a well set up Golf R with DSG, its easy to see why they're becoming endangered.

gixxerboy55 and BigBird like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

The 6 speed DSG is better than the 7 speed in the Golf, but it's still great. I like the fastest option, and well I can't really drive stick with my hip/back/knee, so I'm glad to have the DSG option. Even in the S4, the ZF 8 speed was excellent.

As an aside, the new 911 Turbo does 0 to 60 in 2.2 seconds :)

6. Venom51

I am with tpu. If I were lapping the track and shooting for lap times the PDK gets the nod. I just don't want to drive that on public roads through the mountains...

7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

My wife's 8 speed in her BMW is actually pretty great too. Especially in sport mode. I like it.

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You’re not helping. I’m trying to talk myself out of a 991.2 GTS.

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

FTFY
    [​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I like you.

I just had an x-ray that shows a fracture of the lunate from a ride 4 weeks ago. I might get bored. I might find a Porsche dealership. We'll see.

BigBird likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah man, do it. That car is a monster. Almost too much for the street.

12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

If you want support to talk you OUT of a 991 GT2, you need to head over to www.neighborhoodkarens.com or www.marthastewartdaily.com

You posted that statement here cause you need encouragement to FUCKING DO IT!!!! So....

FUCKING DO IT!!!!! Otherwise you don't have a hair on your ass you nancy pansey!! FUCKING DO IT!!!!!

r1owner likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maybe he's part of the hiding stuff from significant other thread

~sent from mobile

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

I still gotta have a manual transmission. I love the action. Paddle shifters are fine and fun, but it's just not the same. Not too many choices anymore, but I've sure been pleased with the two I've found.

Three years ago it was a 2018 M2:

[​IMG]

Traded it in a few weeks back on one of these:

[​IMG]

I'm still, and probably always will be, a fast bike guy. But damn these have come close as the next best thing for me (and a little safer for a maturing guy like me).

Phl218, Triple X, motion and 2 others like this.
  15. Venom51

Look at that I'm a trend starter. :D

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  16. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

That is simply one of the damn finest looking cars ever. Cayman GT4?

bwhip likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

That is such a beautiful photo and well car. Must be photoshopped though. Porsche drivers never drive their cars anywhere. Keep it in the garage and let it appreciate is the usual course of action.

bwhip likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Beautiful! Congrats!

bwhip likes this.
  19. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Thanks so much, I agree! Yes, that's a Cayman 718 GT4.

I'm completely, utterly blown away by this car. Still feels like a dream that I could actually have something this special in my garage. And the driving experience is beyond words.

USracer900 and BigBird like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My 20 year love affair:

993.jpg

Triple X, bwhip and BigBird like this.