1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Still the best little car they make and you even bought it in the best color. Enjoy. Mine is now worthless since it's got over 20k on the clocks according to Porsche people.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

The girl or the car? :D

That's crazy. probably worth as much a 1994 Toyota Camry now.

motion likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Porsche folks are weird, but i like that it's not a SUV :)
    Bonus points: the guy and dog have the same haircut
    c44b8889-06d6-4ed0-9cd5-3161f8f6d1ff.jpg

4. Venom51

Yes...they are...

5. Venom51

I swap you and throw in $500 bucks just so you don't feel like your getting screwed in the deal.

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Manchester

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Not another one?!?!

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

At least it was that God-awful blue. Need fewer of those on the roads, as it is. That color is :Puke:

BigBird likes this.
  10. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

So, OP, what was your final decision? Did you place an order? If so, what did you go with. Jelly bean blue or tennis ball yellow?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Probably yellow...matches the necessary gold chains

12. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I went back to back to back to back between a C7 Grand Sport and a C8 Corvette yesterday at Grattan.

Plain and simple. Dealer markup aside, the C8 is THE BEST DEAL on a car like this.

The C7 had much better brakes and front end feel was a little better on turn in. (This may have been because it’s an FR car and don’t have much time with an MR chassis) C7 was set to track mode, I had rev match turned off, and traction control was off.

C8 in track mode and traction control set to “competition” (I ain’t gunna wad up the shop car lol) dual clutch trans was a DREAM on the track. SO NICE! Shifts were firm, crisp and precise, car pulled and pulled as I went up through the gears. Car felt SUPER planted after it would “take set” in the corner. I could just start feeding throttle right away and it never felt like it was going to get away from me. Interior rules in this thing. This model has the GT3/Comp seats and they felt great. Even with my slippery motorcycle under suit on with just shorts over them.

My only real criticism on the model I tested (base model with interior upgrades) was the brakes, and the understeer. I’m pretty sure I had destroyed the brakes by the end of the day, and the car really wanted to push when the brake was released. (Prolly more driver error than chassis issues, I don’t have much time in mid engine cars)

car is going to go under the knife soon for a twin turbo build and will be more of a street/strip monster. (Most of the shops customers are drag racers/street car guys) they do have some road race clients, but they mostly keep it pretty simple. Drag racers spend the money.. lol

I have some outside vid from the owner of the C8 but I dunno how to post it lol.

As far as times I was running mid to low 1:29’s.. it’s not my car and if it were to get clobbered, the owner would have a LOOONG wait for a replacement.. was running similar times in the C7 Grand Sport.

I’ve gone high 1:28’s in my personal time attack car there. (Well prepped BRZ/FRS on E85.. so 190hp) And 1:25’s in a 991.2 911TS on slicks.

Attached Files:

RavenR6R likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Do you know whether those cars had track spec alignment jobs to make the direct comparison more apples to apples?

Our C6 can be dialed in pretty well without spending money on hardparts.
    But...leaving it at "as delivered" alignment settings for daily driving is/was complete shit for the front. Ate the tires long before their time and not even in a manner that would suggest there was a purpose for using those specs other than to completely chew the inner shoulders off so you have to replace them way too soon. There wasn't any sense of balance when looking at those numbers...I think they just eyeballed the alignment at the factory. o_O

I have not tracked it or dialed it in for surgical handling because, for us, it's a touring car so toes near zero for highway droning and increased tire life. It gets squirrelly real quick - definitely not to be tracked w/o altering the alignment for that purpose.

14. Trainwreck

The C8 did NOT have the recommended track alignment. I think that may have been a large factor in the pushing. However, I will usually put driver skill at the forefront of a lot of issues. C7 Also had a normal "road use" alignment.

I have driven a C6 Zo6 on slicks before with the alignment and suspension set up properly, and that car was really fun.

Yesterday was tough at the track. I was switching from cars to bikes all day as well and it was REALLY REALLY messing with my braking references. LOL you absolutely can NOT start applying the brakes on an R1 at the same spot you were applying the brakes in an E46 M3 on R comps and aero.. You will die. lol

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I bet it was, even tho' I can't imagine how much fun. Ours, as currently set up, is way too snappy for spirited driving if things get sideways but I live with that negative characteristic by keeping it sane so I don't have to buy tires every year. :D
    I don't want to think about how much money I could throw at it for some real fun. Too many options for a base model...brakes would be a good start.

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That’s pretty much the ideal life, right there.

BigBird likes this.
  17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Love the color on that C8.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

The new red mist is probably the best color vette I’ve ever laid eyes on. But that Sebring Orange is a definite head turner.

19. Trainwreck

Red Mist is my favorite for sure. The shop's colors are Orange and black though, so the owner ordered an orange one.

It looks really good in person.

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I like the orange, but the blue looks pretty good to me as well, not as good as the blue on my old M5 but I do like blue. ;)