1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

All two feet?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hope your dog eats chili and shits in your sock draw.

Hawk518 likes this.
  3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My dog is vegan.

...I kid!

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Still diggin' the CW.
    Love the internal bezel (with reversed seconds).
    - I use this feature a lot

Attached Files:

Spooner likes this.
  5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

How exactly did you get your watch on a monkey. Considering the worlds virus problem and the movie outbreak I’d let the hairy fucker keep it.

JBraun and Dave K like this.
  6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

[emoji23] funny thing, I am the most folicly challenged person you’ll meet. I have like 3 chest hairs, somewhere.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I was the same, breeze through my military service with just a number of shaves and then one day, out of nowhere, hair! I think I was like 22 or 23. Grew my beard half way to my chest because I could. :)

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Kingsbury had a kickstarter for their "Darkwater". Came with a nice leather pouch and an extra band.
    It's definitely got an Omega vibe to it. I'm digging the red second hand.

Attached Files:

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I always liked B&R, the modern but classic feel of them. The BR05 is not my favorite, I'm more of a BR03 fan. I got a knockoff in China last time I was there. Looked awesome but the crown crapped out after a year of use. An authentic BR0394 might be in my future someday, when I have 3 grand to spare.

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I can find you a nice 1 closer to $2k...assuming you mean BR03-92?

11. cha0s#242

Thanks, but I'm not ready yet. Close but I want the BR03-94 with chronograph.

sdiver likes this.
  12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You are not expected to spend money on bikes, forever. :)

If KXL was not cancelled, I would have probably pulled the trigger on the Br05.
    But I think I am going to go big, next watch buy.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

This is the one I bought (but as a gift).[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I really dig that!

Hawk518 likes this.
  15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I know Rolex stainless is like money in the bank right now if you get one for MSRP from an AD. What about other finishes? Got a line on an oyster/everose Yachtmaster. It’s a very nice piece, but not what I’ve been looking for (on multiple lists for white EXP II). My long term plan was to get in on an EXP II and when my name came up, trade up for a Daytona. This one is a little more than an oyster Daytona (which they also got in yesterday and went out the door in less than an hour).

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Last time I was in and looking at a Rolex I could get a Yachtmaster under retail (I think my discount was 5%). Not a popular model and if you're looking to buy it and eventually sell it for retail or even close, pick another watch. Two tones, you can usually get a few more points IF you have a relationship with the AD.

"The list" is line of bullshit in a lot of cases.

Me? I'd look at an Air King, an Explorer I or even a Milgauss. Or go nutso and look at a steel and gold sub or GMT.

Really, how much you want to spend?

I really don't like the Yachtmaster at all.

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Thanks...I was never really a fan of the yachmaster either, but the everose and chocolate dial really does make a nice combination. Not gonna impulse buy it. If I decide to pul the trigger in a few days and it’s not there, no big deal. I’ll just keep waiting.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You don't have to buy a rolex to get "on the list" with some ADs. What other brands they sell? ;)

another option is go in, tell them the exact watch you want but you have to be serious and ready to buy right then and there with no haggle over paying full retail (over retail, F them). Works better with a Exp II or even a sub. Sometimes, the watch they don't have and there is a list for "magically" comes out of the safe. ;)

Don't hold your breathe on this happening with a Daytona SS unless you hit them at that exact right time.

Hawk518 likes this.
  20. cha0s#242

That whole process would piss me off and that is one of the reasons I would never buy a Rolex. It's almost like you have to beg them to take ridiculous amounts of your money. Eff them, I'll take my money where they actually appreciate it and I don't need to massage their balls to let them give me the privilege of owning their product.