1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You expect no less, do you? :beer:

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I have a older Tag 2000 (like the aquaracer now) that my dad bought me when i graduated college. I've worn it probably everyday since then and it still looks new.

There are a few watches i'd like to get:
    The Tag Carrera chronograph with the perforated leather band.
    [​IMG]
    A Bell & Ross Hydromax with the black rubber band
    [​IMG]
    Rolex Daytona, stainless with the white face. No picture required :)

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

nope :)

4. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

my buddy in Palm Beach has the white face SS Daytona for sale - I'll ask him a price later today. I think he also has a Submariner for sale...

5. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

some very nice watches wera members have.

6. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

You might be right. I didn't realize you were talking about the white face Gulf edition. I received a book last year from TAG with their current collection and they showed one with a black face that had a blue and orange stripe and thought that was the one you were talking about. In that book they no longer listed the one with the white face so you could be onto something with the 2006 date.

Good call on the Carrera, Scott. Love the perforated strap. Drake has one with a black rubber strap that is very cool. I picked up this brown Carrera last year:

[​IMG]

The face looks a lot better in person.

7. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

i wear a Rolex GMT-II daily and an Invicta Pro-Diver beater at work. I also have a Breitling Chronomat that is a great looking watch but a piece of shit otherwise.

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Omega Seamaster with the black face no waves.

Jedb likes this.
  9. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Tag Heuer still offers the Monaco. The really nice find is the original Monaco reissue (late 90s, if I recall) which had the old Heuer logo rather than the new Tag Heuer logo. They made a run of 5,000 in the various color & band combinatons.

10. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I have one of these:

[​IMG]

Titanium and carbon fiber.

An IWC is next on the list.

11. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Good call. The brown Carrera is a really sharp and unique-looking watch.

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I wear this one at work everyday. For the money its the best watch I have ever had. Digital compass, temp, altimeter, barometer, stop watch. etc. All in one. Plus it takes a beating from slinging batteries better than my Omega.

[​IMG]

13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

My daily timer. Gift from brother in '90 after the Superbowl.

Attached Files:

14. bafflebrain

bafflebrain Well-Known Member

True. Mine is a very old Omega Seamaster. I have been looking at Tag for a while but have not added one for the collection.

This Rolex Daytona is what I want...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  15. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Dave,

The PAM90 is on the larger side, but I really like the look and figured I might as well go all out on the size..

My 16700 was originally a Pepsi but I didn't like it so I had the dealer in Copenhagen switch the bezel to all black...

:rock:

16. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

That would be really neat to have, I didn't know about that run. My Monaco has the new logo.

17. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

My wife got me this the Tag Link. I like it a lot, but my next will be a chrono. I really like the smaller movement.

[​IMG]

18. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

nice...

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All this talk about watches made me stop off at my dealer. I'm crushing hard over an Explorer II.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This thread got me wearing the Calibre today :D