1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Ive has this Tag for about 10 years I think.

[​IMG]

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Killer! Nice older F1 chrono.

3. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

I just luv me some watches.......i tell the missus they are my retirement plan.;)

Omega speedmaster/Omega Seamaster/Brietling B1(favourite at the moment) Rolex Yachtmaster oyster dial/ Rolex gmt/klaus kobec challenger

4. That looks like a good retirement plan. Do the Brietlings hold their value as well as the Rolexes and Omegas?

I currently only have a Tag, but it has served me well for 10 years. Eventually, I will have a Rolex Daytona.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you're looking for an investment I'd stay with vintage Rolex or Patek Philippe. There are some other brands like Panerai that some think will be worth buying as an investment and right now they are the "it" watch.

As investments I'd avoid Omega, Tag, Breitling and most of the "major" brands. As precision tool that you can hand down to your son and him to his son, choose what you like. :)

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Ok, so does / did your brother play football?

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I wouldn't mind this:

[​IMG]

Now, everyone on the forum please send me five dollars each per day for one month so I could afford the Lange & Soehne.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That watch is actually nicer in person and it's dead sexy in the photo.

9. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

No Movado lovers here I see.I hate blingy watches with crap all over them.I fell in love with this watch and had to buy it.Had it about 8 years now and still ticking good :)

[​IMG]

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

got Corissa a Movado for her 30th birthday. Great watch and can be found for a great price if you shop around...

11. Chip

Chip Registered

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Pic?? :confused:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chip, did you know McQueen wore a rolex explorer II?

The Tag Gulf is cool but the "steve mcqueen" Rolex is timeless. :)

14. Chip

Chip Registered

There are a bunch of them...but this is my favorite.

[​IMG]

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Oooooooo.... that's niiiiiiice! :beer:

16. Chip

Chip Registered

Yep. My Dad has one. Dad has an awesome collection that he has offered to me on multiple occations. I'll wait.

I just like the Tag Gulf

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, if your Dad has a McQueen he's the Man (and he is a great dude). If he has a McQueen, a Paul Newman and a "Red" submariner he will be my GOD!!! :up:

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'm gonna buy another nice watch when I go to Italy this Spring... I REALLY like that Tissot MotoGP!

19. Chip

Chip Registered

He does have a red submariner...but not a Newman.

Anybody can wear a Rolex or a Tag....but you have to be a pimp ass Mfer to wear wood grain!

[​IMG]

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Your dad has a Red Sub!?!? No f@cking way!!!! Your dad is the man!!! Too bad you suck. :D