1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You're talking about the crown guards? I kinda like that they left them off. It reminds me of a 50's Sub.

2. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

A Camry is way more reliable than a Ferrari. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, also don't like the crown all that much. Tudors remind me of a modern maserati. Looks great from 20 yards but then when you get close and look at some of the small styling details, it just goes wrong.

Hour hands, crowns, crown guards or lack of them, the bands. . . just a bit off in at least one way, sometimes more.

Still like 'em and would dig having a Black Bay GMT pepsi on a leather strap.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Posting Apple "watch" in this thread should be banable.

Phl218, Spooner and Hooper like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought they were a complete joke until I bought one for Sam. She loves the stupid thing and for travel, it's not a bad thing.

I'd take almost any good quality automatic from a known brand over one but, I'll eventually end up with one. Maybe.

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Had one for a couple of years but got over it. It's been a few years and the new ones are probably better. Having to charge it every single night was annoying. So were all the notifications. At least that's easy to solve. They could've put some kind of a charge port on the thing so you can use the same cable as for the phone but that would've made too much sense. The only thing I really miss from it is the weather widget.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

For travel get a GMT from some brand and then be a man regarding setting your watch to the correct time.

I hate dealing with those douches during meetings or meals who are constantly looking at their "watch" to see who emailed them. My phone is on silent in my pocket douche nose...quit checking your shit while we talk.

JBraun and Spooner like this.
  8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I hate about smart watches as well. I strive to be less connected when possible and think it's unprofessional (read: douchetastic) to be constantly checking alerts during meetings.

JBraun likes this.
  9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Soulless watch on Soulless Ginger

;)

10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I'd like to have an apple watch for mountain biking and dirt biking to track heart rate and stuff. Past that and its a 'nope' from me and I'm an apple nerd.

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Fitting, isn’t it? :crackup:

For the trifecta ... I’m an HR professional. :D

Jedb and Phl218 like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hate to say this in public since I'm a GMT whore but. . . . they suck for traveling. Compared to an auto adjust Iwanger whatever. Did it for decades but in reality, it's just an ACME penis pump for the ego anymore. :(

No idea on all that shit, I'd just use an Iphoner watch as a watch with benefits. I hate smrat phones.

13. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but I really like my Garmin Forerunner Music. I get notifications on it for text messages, incoming calls, and fire dept calls. No emails or other BS. GPS works great for tracking runs and I can Bluetooth music from it to my headphones so I don’t have to take my phone on runs. If Im lazy and don’t run with GPS I can go around 10 days before charging.

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

13 years and my Citizen Promaster is still going strong. It wasn’t expensive in comparison but it’s a good watch and I’d buy another one.

15. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Question to you watch aficionados - what would be a comfortable watch that is reasonably water proof for snorkeling, reads easy at night, and that you can wear to a restaurant. Not huge on your wrist. My current watch is Seiko Men's Automatic Presage 40.5mm and I dig it, just useless at night.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Alex, how much is your budget? What kind of band? Are you going to try and wear it with a suit or just semi casual?

17. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Hey Dave,
    Hundreds, not thousands. Something comfortable, dunno. No suits for me, semi casual.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

*smat phones

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I guess I’ll be the first to say 007. Definitely can wear it anywhere and watch nerds will compliment you.

No mechanical watch is going to be great at night. Even when the lume is charged up it’s still hard to read.
    My G Shock is about the only watch I can read at night.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My exp is great for travel, not for the gmt hand, but because it adjusts hours independently of minutes. Makes it easy to just click ahead or back when you cross zones.