1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I have come up with a new "wear policy" for my three main (automatic) watches since it is a little difficult to wear them all often enough to keep them wound.

My Seiko PADI diver will now be my summer watch (Memorial Day thru Labor Day) since I can wear it swimming, camping, fishing, etc.

My Speedies will rest during the summer and then be revived after Labor Day when the Seiko will go into hibernation.

First World problems!!! :D

Jedb likes this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Got my watch in! It’s a Tudor Heritage Ranger. Tossed it on a nato I had but I have a few more on the way that I like better. I’ve always loved this watch and bought it for myself as a divorce present haha!

Attached Files:

3. ton

ton Arf!

nice, man! of the modern Tudors, that's maybe my favorite.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Spooner, that's a looker. Damn! :cool:

I finally looked at a Black Bay and it's almost there. Just missing the "lugs" and I just don't love the hour hand. But at retail (if you can find one at that point) it's a serious option. That or an IWC Aquatimer, man, tough call.

5. Spooner

Thanks guys. It’s the one watch I couldn’t ever get out of my mind and all the dimensions are just perfect. And I love that it’s kind of a do it all watch too but I’ll mostly run it on natos I think. It does have a leather band as well but the clasp is a bitch and the sizing doesn’t work well for me as I’m between holes. I would like to pick up a nice leather band at some point though.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I love that Ranger! What size is it?

Also thanks to @Dave K I can't look at the hour hand without thinking "angry penis".

7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

What two Speedies?

8. Spooner

41mm. And now I can't unsee that either lol!

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You’re welcome. :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, at least the wang hand isn't the second hand, I guess that's something?

If it was the second hand, watch that angry wing wang spin! It's hypnotic!

11. Spooner

Yeah that's how the North Flag was for me, I loved the look of it but the lugs just killed it for me.

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

13. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Trusty SKX on strapcode jubilee[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Phl218 and Spooner like this.
  14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

15. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Is this just a Breitling thing? I have a Colt and granted it's a cheap Breitling, it's a pile of crap. I treat it as a daily beater but it's nuts to me that even with regular servicing, it loses like 10 seconds a day.

16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think a COSC certified chronometer can lose about 5 seconds per day. A mechanical watch is not the best way to keep perfect time.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know but when you think about what goes into them and the price they should be much much better then they are. Confusing.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Buckle up, gentlemen. :D

Attached Files:

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I actually want one of those. It makes sense as a travel watch and also a don't stab me watch.

20. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Can't yinz just look at your phone?