1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I like the black dial but I wanted something different so I took the chance on the blue and really like it.
    I think that our newer version looks better than the older one with the T shaped day/date window etc

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

1970 (N0) Bulova Accutron.
    10k rolled gold plate back
    18k heavy gold plate bezel.

Fairly rare up/down dial in green texture.

Goodwill find for $40 and $150 in service & parts. It’s keeping time +\- 10sec pr week.

Pretty stoked with the outcome.

Attached Files:

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I shipped a Seiko to their authorized service center and they did a great job on my vintage digital. I recommend it.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sweet find.
    I can't never find anything good at the 'Will...

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

You guys know anything about the MVMT watches? They seem affordable and decent looking. I know they’re not Rolex, Breitling, etc., but for a decent day to day watch, I might try one.

Any thoughts?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I keep seeing the commercials but that's about it.

7. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

They are just cheap quartz fashion watches. For only a little more you are in range of a Hamilton or Seiko 007 that would be a lot more satisfying to own.

vizsladog likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what's a good site for the 007?

Pretty sure I can get custom dials made by our trophy guy and possibly do some WERA watches but need one to play with and get specs from (and see if modifying them myself is worth it).

5axis likes this.
  9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

10. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Im thinking of building a 007 as well. Degaz makes some really cool stuff to make it your own.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shut up about the 007! You all have me eye balling them. :D

What was the deal with the serial numbers/ model number. Place of manufacturer?

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I've found better deals on the 007s on Amazon than anywhere else. Especially the Japanese model.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's the difference?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And why the 007 over the 009 or the like?

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The 007J models are Japanese built, and the 007K2 is made in Malaysia. I have one of each and honestly I can't tell the difference. Actually my K2 keeps better time, but it's also been regulated since I got it.

vizsladog likes this.
  16. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

JBraun covered it exactly.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

There's no difference that I can tell. The J model is said to be built for the home market.

009 variation is the blue/red bezel.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah okay. Thought everything else was the same. For today ta least Joma is cheaper.

Wonder what I could get for a custom one. Probably change out the bezel to royal blue and the face to something with a bike and WERA on it. Have to figure out the bracelet too, can save 20 on initial purchase getting the rubber - and the jubilee is meh on it :D

19. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Go with a Perlon strap, they are great and should keep the cost down a bit. You can even get them in WERA blue. Also if your doing the bezel insert I'd suggest throwing a coin edge bezel on there as well to make it a bit more unique, plus you could broom the original assembly's on ebay to recoup some cost.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So who is selling them cheap with a perlon strap? :D

Figure this will keep me busy this weekend at VMD (assuming I can get the boss lady to do the scoring computer).