1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah got ya. I would like it better without that too but overall I'd still take one :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just need it in WERA colors to match my Nikes I had made :crackup:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotcha, that makes sense.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

5. SteveThompson

This got me looking at the Tudor site again. I’m supposed to get the one with the leather strap.

A GMT with in house movement, made by Rolex, COSC certified, waterproof to 200 meters... for 3500 bucks brand new. That’s hard to beat.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I hate you so much right now....

Jedb and SteveThompson like this.
  7. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Agree with you on the black face. I'm close to moving my Planet Ocean XL for one of those.

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I love my Seamaster. It used to be a daily wear until I bought her sister, a Speedmaster. Now the Seamaster only gets worn on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Sister Speedy gets the rest of the days (and special occasions as well). :D

IMG_0632.JPG

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You do. :D It gets worse when you start looking at FP Journes, A Lange and Sohne and ultimately Pateks. :D

Come on, just try it, you'll be able to quit whenever you want. :crackup:

Why not keep the PO and get the Deep Sea? :D

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That looks so good...and it goes with everything so tempting.
    But I dont want to look pretentious being im my mid 20's with a watch like that, for some reason I feel like I should wait.

11. SteveThompson

I think I actually said to my wife, “a Nautilus isn’t that expensive for a Patek”. :eek:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"It's only a few dollars more than a big pilot and is more classic. . . and you could wear it." :crackup:

SteveThompson likes this.
  13. SteveThompson

It’s like you were there.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was, just at a different AD with a different wife. :D

Hooper, my main travel watch is (well, currently was) a Seamaster 300M GMT but I think I f'ed up the guts from too much time, date and GMT switches so it has to go into Omega. :( I'm giving it to my daughter when she graduates HS in a few years so it's gotta get fixed. :)

15. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

There is nothing "pretentious" about this watch. For most people it looks no different than a $100 Citizen, Bulova, Seiko watch.

If you like it, can afford it, and want one, get one! F@ck everyone else and their opinion! :p

16. SteveThompson

Most folks don’t know the difference between an Omega and a quartz Tag from the fashion mall. If you can afford it, you should get it.

Edit- haha. We typed the same thing.

rafa likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rafa, what smelly pooper and steve said. Nothing pretentious about a good quality watch, one you can hand down to your kid and he can hand down to his.

Boman Forklift and rafa like this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Went to see the Patek museum last saturday. Mind blown!!! And it was only 10 Francs ! Starting in the 1500 up to today, with all the evolving complications, a true sight to see... about 2000 watches there. Then went window shopping in geneva, but was able to contain myself. Luckily. That chronoliner...

Got the wife a beater swatch at the airport though :D

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Exactly
    Besides James Bond wears one. How can it be bad if 007 has one.

And besides you'll probably only just buy the one. Yep just one. Watches in no way shape or form resemble tribbles. Nope. They won't multiply.

(Do you think he bought it???? I totally think he did. Sucka don't know he'll have 3 seikos, 2 omegas and a hammy by the end of the year. Muh ha ha)

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Phil, stay out of Zurich and off of bahnhofstrasse. :D

Phl218 likes this.