1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

As they should with POS Tags.

Hawk518 likes this.
  2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:stupid:

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks for the reminder.
    I need to call mike and get my GMTs back.

He said March, it's now April. I hope he's done.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It’s no Rolex by any means but you can do a lot worse for the money. At least they’re making some of their own stuff, and they modify the eta and Sellita stuff.

I thought the Zenith merger would yield higher quality, which hasn’t really materialized, but I still think the Tag hate is more a product of the echo chamber than the actual watch.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Dude someday I’ll sneak a pic of his workshop. There are so many watches I don’t know how he keeps it all straight. It’s more organized than a damn library, but it would still stress me the fuck out.

My man needs to learn to take a pass on some of this stuff.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I liked my Tag, still miss it.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How old is the TAG? Definitely send it to them if it's an older model. If it's newer a good watch guy may be cheaper.

I have a 60's vintage Seamaster. It needed a bunch of movement stuff fixed. Sent to Omega as no one else would have, or be able to make, the parts. Omega US had to send it to Switzerland. Took a few months but came back guaranteed and with several wheels, gears, etc all new. Runs like a champ. And was only several hundreds of dollars

vizsladog and G 97 like this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Seriously, with Tag, you get lower than Seiko quality for 5 times the price. Not a bad watch, just over priced for what it is. They've actually been known to use Seiko movements.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Can’t make a blanket statement like that. My 007s are some of my favorite watches, but if you take away the price tag, they’re not that great. They need to be regulated frequently and are susceptible to some problems. Pound for pound I’d Agree. I’ll take a $2k Seiko over a $2k Tag, but I’d also take a grand Seiko over many top tier Swiss brands. Case by case, no pun intended.

But yeah, Tag has put just about every movement in one of their offerings at some point, including Seiko.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Really, it depends on the Tag. LVMH owns the brand and I can't remember who all makes their movements but I remember swatch doing some and them also having some inhouse movements.

How old is Tag Heuer? Heuer (may) go back to the mid 1800s but Tag Heuer came into being in the mid 80s.

vizsladog likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Shipped it to Tag. Thanks Wera bbs. :D:)

vizsladog and SteveThompson like this.
  12. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Just last week I saw a Grand Seiko with the sweeping second hand for the first time. Oh my god.

vizsladog and JBraun like this.
  13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm in the same boat. 60's Seamaster that the local guy couldn't sort out. Which Omega did you send it to? Just off their main website or something else

14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Good move. I sent them a quartz tag (Jason Bourne Link) and ended up getting most parts replaced making a brand new watch.

G 97 likes this.
  15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

He's good, so I'm sure he's busy 24/7.
    One is done, he's just put the other through the cleaner. So, we shot the shit about his sno-mobiling and the different types of snow he's been through this winter.

I like him, and I'm glad that's he's dedicated.

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Chris
    If I remember correctly, I sent it to the Omega US service center, maybe in NY or NJ. They sent back saying they couldnt do the service here due to age and would ahve to send it to Switzerland. I said OK and off it went. About 2 months later i get and email saying its done and how much to pay. it came back in a nice box with all the replaced parts (crystal, gears, orings, etc).

Monsterdood, G 97 and SteveThompson like this.
  17. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Tags in house movements are now using modified stlleta movements since eta (swatch group) no longer sells them. Their quartz line is waaaayyyyyy overpriced.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. SteveThompson

ChemGuy, G 97 and cha0s#242 like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey ladies, I don't follow this thread and this may not be new information to you, but I heard about a video podcast while watching a car video today: "watch and listen", which gets posted on YouTube every Wednesday.

20. SteveThompson

[​IMG]

The other watch came in.

Hollywood, Phl218, Hawk518 and 3 others like this.