1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Outboard dealers here?

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, May 16, 2020.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I may be re-powering my boat. Looking at Yamaha's, Suzuki's or Evinrude's.

Anybody got the hook-up?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Me no likes Suzuki outboard too loud. Mercury or Yamaha for the win. And yes I have a connection. Fyi the new merc racing 450 hp outboard is the way to go.

badmoon692008, ducnut and R1M370 like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Pffft. Outboards.... the EX250 of boat motors....

Get a mans boat motor(s). :D

[​IMG]

And most people i know for smaller outboards say merc or yamaha. Dont know about >50hp.

Did some dives on a boat powered by big suzuki's. Cap'n said they were OK but thirstier than the older merc's they replaced.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Boats. net might have deals on leftover stock.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Looking for twin counter rotating 250's

I'd prefer Yamaha but the couple quotes I got they are over $10k more than the Suzukis and have half the warranty right now.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I'll check Monday, where are you at so we can figure shipping costs

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

South Florida

8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yamaha or Merc. Evinrudes G2 is a freaking beast but when something happens, half the damn engine has to be taken apart.
    The new Merc 4 strokes are wicked. Better mid range than the battle tested ProXS 2 strokes and when set up correctly, just as good top end.

Yamaha is a little heavier but with a flash can be close to 300 on a 250.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The boat has 200 hpdi's currently. It's plenty fast and with the 2 strokes jumps out of the hole instantly.

Figure 250 4 strokes will be similar. Boat is rated for them.

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That's why I was considering the G2's

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Mercury Verado’s FTW.... V8’s and Supercharged we sold a 2020 38 Whaler that Had 3 of them...

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

0FC301F7-0FF3-4A6B-9FB4-AD0FAD296341.jpeg

R1M370 and trussdude like this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

We have a 300 verado on the Tritoon and it's so quiet and the power and fuel economy is very good

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The supercharged 4 strokes are very strong and I think you will be impressed

15. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Yup, one SevenMarine for the win :D.
    True beast motors for big boats.

ducnut likes this.
  16. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

You’re in Vero, try Dave at Boats and Motors for Evinrude’s. He was making deals last week. Tell him Pete from the Bahamas sent you...

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

One motor isn't an option as it's a cat boat. No way I'm dropping that kind of coin on an older boat.

R1M370 likes this.
  18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

They are close to me. I've had some issues in the past with his service department but I guess it's worth a shot on the re-power. I'll leave you out of it though. :beer:

19. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Yeah I was joking in the normal beeb fashion :beer:,,, buy the most expensive/ bad ass option available.

If your boat is good out the hole with 200 hpdi's it's gonna pull like a champ with some four strokes on it. The Yamaha 2.6L two stroke doesn't have the bottom end torque like the Yamaha 3.4L four stroke does for getting up on plane. Might not have to spend the extra money on 250's unless your buying bigger props for higher top end. Good luck with the repower and the good fishing trips that will come from it.

20. RoadRash49

RoadRash49 Well-Known Member

We run 9 boats, soon to be 10, in a commercial application. All are outboards. We've run all the brands and have narrowed down to Honda & Suzuki. Yamaha also makes a good motor, but we're not currently using them. Nothing else has held up. 4 strokes are quite a bit heavier than the 2 strokes they replace, and many times don't have the initial torque of 2 strokes. That said, fuel economy and not having to carry 2 stroke oil are bonuses. Currently Suzuki has the best warranty, though the only thing we've needed it for was a tilt/trim assy for a 5 year old motor.