1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Car Detail Pros Here? Ceramic coating question

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't do anything differnt with thee PPF but nothing really sticks to it so I park it in the sun on a good hot day to let it self heal a little, I hit it with bead maker post wash as a drying agent and that's about it. It covers the entire car in my case so I let it do its job. It's coming up on 5 years on the car and has a couple places where it has done its job and I am about to pull it all off and replace it.

gt#179 likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

They do sell a ceramic coat for PPF. I would just use a hydrophobic product, like Hydro2, and call it a day.

gt#179 likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

How is the leather conditioner? Does it leave anything behind? I can’t stand greasy and shiny in my interior.

I learned from my detailer to use a magic eraser to clean my leather, but I worry about stripping the leather. I may actually keep my current truck for a while and I'll lose my shit if my leather starts looking all clapped out. I hate that as much as I hate shiny.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I wouldn't use a magic eraser on anything that isn't already patirally destroyed. That quite abrasive for modern leather.

notbostrom likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Mexican blanket as a seat cover solves errything