1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any .22 fans?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Well, I think I may have picked up another potentially expensive hobby. I bought that cheap shotgun last week (first gun I've owned), and today I picked up a Ruger 10/22 for $200 on sale at Gander. Who knows where this is leading... I'd really like to build an AR next... or maybe a handgun... hmm.

Can't wait to do some plicking up at the inlaws with this thing. I'm gonna throw some parts at it too, probably a decent scope, a bull barrell and a nice stock. Any else into the little .22s, or the 10/22 specifically?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

.22's are great

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That didn't take long- the " getting sucked in to another potentialy expensive " hobby part. :Poke:

.22's are a blast, I've got a Marlin model 60 and a Henry Golden Boy .22 Mag.

4. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I shot a 100 rounds out of my 1981 Marlin today. Used CCI CB ammo and shot in a friends backyard. The CB ammo is really quiet out of a rifle. Really quiet...

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I love .22s.

Colt M .22 AR, Smith and Wesson 22A and a nice Ruger semi auto.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I have the same rifle. Invest in more ruger magazines right away.

The 10 rounders are $15 and the 25 rounders are $25, but fail to chamber on occasion. Still lots of fun

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The 10/22 is awesome! They made some 50 round clips so you can plink forever!

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

22's are my favorite. Check out Tactical Solutions and go ahead and get a can for that 10/22.

9. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

They make a Gatling gun kit for the 10/22 that looks like it could be a boat load of fun!
    :up:

10. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

up until recently, 90% of my shooting was with 22's. just fun and cheap to shoot. box of 500 rounds is $20 vs. $200 for my AR.

I've got three 10/22's, one 77/22, Browning 52, Marlin 39a and 92, Rossi 62SC, Walther PPK/s, contender 22lr barrel, 2 Ruger Mark II's, a Ruger Bearcat, Colt Peacemaker 22lr/22mag, and lastly a colt Ace.

guess I need to get an AR 22lr upper and I think i'll be set for a while.

run while you still can.... :)

hopefully will have a SilencerCo SS Sparrow soon. ;)

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Great kits available for your Ruger. I bought a fluted stainless bull barrel with a Farajen thumbhole stock for about $150. Super accurate!

12. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

Why get a AR 22lr Upper when you can buy this. Only takes 2 mins to swap out.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/sp6.php

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

14. st1100

st1100 Active Member

15. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

I've got two 10/22's two Mark IV's and a Remington 552 Speedmaster. I absolutely love .22's.
    There's probably as many, if not more, parts/accessories available for your 10/22 as there is for an AR

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Been thinking about picking up a Bersa Thunder 22 just for giggles, I'm definitely down with 22s.

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I can't remember why, I assume it was because I was out of ammo and this was there, but I bought some cheap .22LR rounds for my 10/22 a while back. Don't do that. Buy something 1/2 way decent. Those cheap rounds constantly jammed in my gun and get it dirty as hell.

18. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Don't even think about it Scotty, just get it. .22 is by far my fav to shoot!!! I've got a 10/22 with just a scope (for now) and a Marlin model 60...both are great, but I reach for the 10/22 10x as often as the marlin.

Endless things you can get for the 10/22. I would start bu suggesting a Weaver base, or anything over the ones Ruger sends you...they are crap. For now, just put a decent scope on it and shoot it. Don't think you have to do like a .308 rifle and "break the bank" on a $600 scope.....it's a .22lr with a range of about 100-125 yds..... Something fixed 4x, or even a 3-9x whatever will be just fine!!! You'll find yourself going through bricks of ammo in no time, and at $20 a pop, who cares????

Wife and I get both the .22's out and have competitions, it's great fun!

19. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I dropped in one of those Volquartsen (sp?) trigger kits to my 10/22 carbine and it made a huge difference. They are great, reliable, inexpensive guns to shoot but the factory triggers are pretty rough.

20. RB

RB Well-Known Member

22's are cool

[​IMG]